Liberty- Eastern Caribbean

edwardsm

Time to sample another dish. Sample? More like a meal! Don't know the name of the dish but it was delicious! I know it had Plantains, beans and rice with choice of either shrimp or chicken cuped in the center of the rice/beans.

We were given time to shop on our own in real stores and boutiques. I was happy to see a dollar store because I thought I left my toiletry case at home although I swore I packed it. It had all my cotton balls, face cleaners etc. So at the dollar store I bought bar soap, makeup remover, qtips cottonballs. I used some of my daughter's cleansers but I like having my own. I even bought Estee Lauder face cleanser in Nassau at one of their Estee L shops but it wasnt the same as what I'm used to using. Probably an imitation. Thank God my makeup wasnt in the same bag!

Anyway, I didnt see many vendor tables around OSJ except on our walk back to the ship.

DSC00680_zpsd559b442.jpg

Man selling refreshments.

Thanks for your review. I am really enjoying it. I had to chuckle at your comments about the Sonny Liston tour. We did that one, too. Did Sonny stand on that yellow rock at the first stop? I was afraid he was going to slip and fall backwards ! LOL.

If you think that was something, don't do ever do a bus tour in St. Lucia ! It was scarier. A friend with us on both tours said that she had de ja vue going up those roads with Sonny. The day we went with Sonny, it was so foggy when we got to the top, we couldn't see a thing from the observation deck.

You have a beautiful family. Looking forward to the rest of your review. We'll be in San Juan for the first time in Dec. on the Freedom but due to mobility issues we won't be able to do Old San Juan because of the walking so I appreciate seeing it through your eyes.

Thanks for your review. I am really enjoying it. I had to chuckle at your comments about the Sonny Liston tour. We did that one, too. Did Sonny stand on that yellow rock at the first stop? I was afraid he was going to slip and fall backwards ! LOL.

If you think that was something, don't do ever do a bus tour in St. Lucia ! It was scarier. A friend with us on both tours said that she had de ja vue going up those roads with Sonny. The day we went with Sonny, it was so foggy when we got to the top, we couldn't see a thing from the observation deck.

You have a beautiful family. Looking forward to the rest of your review. We'll be in San Juan for the first time in Dec. on the Freedom but due to mobility issues we won't be able to do Old San Juan because of the walking so I appreciate seeing it through your eyes.

LOL yes it was scarey in an open air bus on wet roads. I cant imagine that ride in heavy fog! Yes I think he did stand on the edge. I dont like heights so I was praying the whole time. Thank you for the compliments. And thanks for reading my review. When in San Juan, try the free shuttle. The shuttle stop is not far from the pier. Enjoy your cruise.

I will continue my review later this evening. Although I'm off from my job today, I still have work at home. I need another cruise:rolleyes:

DSC00690_zpseb737922.jpg

sorry but I started eating before taking this picture. As you saw on previous pic, a drink is included. With or without alcohol.

Looks like Mofongo, we learned to fix it on our cooking/walking tour when we were on our Conquest sailing. I really liked it, and it came with the best Mojito I've ever had.

Looks like Mofongo, we learned to fix it on our cooking/walking tour when we were on our Conquest sailing. I really liked it, and it came with the best Mojito I've ever had.

Is that what it's called? Thanks for the clarification. I did enjoy it.

Last Port of Call- Grand Turk and second Elegant Night

I did not plan any activities for this port because I was told by someone I know and I've read a post here that everything one would want to do is right there as you exit the ship, and boy were they right! Beautiful!

It looks like a man made resort for cruisers, except for the ocean of course. There are many many free beach lounge chairs around but you have to get off the ship early to get a good spot. We must have moved 4 times before finding a shaded area close to the water which agitated my husband and kids. There was not one time when all four of us was happy with the location until the 4th time. It was crowed however and my husband and daughter dont handle crowds very well. I dont know, seems like everyone had attitude that day.

Another perk is the Gold, Platinum and Diamond members reception held in the theatre. Very casual 30 minutes affair. DH and I attended. The waiters serve all VIFP free finger foods and drinks. The ship captain, director and other heads of Liberty's staff are introduced and say a few words. The band plays music afterwards.

TDSC00617_zpsc937f99f.jpg

This pic may not be the actual party but it is the Liberty's theatre.

Are you allowed to bring a guest (who has not yet reached gold status) to the reception? On my upcoming Liberty cruise in September, I will reach gold status but my friend who will be cruising with me will not yet be gold. I certainly don't want to go alone. Do they check to make sure you are gold or higher? Thanks!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

DSC00732_zps80a9f5aa.jpg

The beachside massage was a consideration before I attended the Pampered Lady party on the ship I wrote about earlier. Check your Fun Times for it.

DSC00736_zps6edccc53.jpg

Heard about this place but didnt try it. Its at the end of the "resort"

DSC00734_zpsafa5ad43.jpg

Horseback riding is available

DSC00739_zpsacf0746a.jpg

Boat used for.....hmmmm.........dont know fishing or parasailing? Not sure but I like the name.

DSC00735_zps0cbf7272.jpg

I am 99% certain this water toy was at Grand Turk. My kids dont think so. Their memory is just as bad as mine sometimes.

84cf1b0b-95f1-4b09-85e0-d6bf7b1cd058_zps2ecae265.jpg?t=1403474222

Margarittaville flowrider

Are you allowed to bring a guest (who has not yet reached gold status) to the reception? On my upcoming Liberty cruise in September, I will reach gold status but my friend who will be cruising with me will not yet be gold. I certainly don't want to go alone. Do they check to make sure you are gold or higher? Thanks!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

We arrived 5 minutes late and I dont recall anyone checking our invitations. We went in and sat down.