Norwegian Jewel Penthouse

GrabMyWrist

Has anyone stayed in a 9000 or 10000 Penthouse on the Jewel since it was recently dry docked? I'm curious if they've updated the décor in them?

I just booked the Mexican Riviera cruise in October of 2015! Let the countdown begin.....

I went ahead and booked 9000 and received a $300.00 OBC, bottle of wine and anniversary cake. Not sure if that's a good deal or not but we'll have fun no matter. Having sailed the Jewel already, I wanted to try something besides a balcony, without springing for "The Haven". I'll probably wait until our 20th anniversary to surprise the DW with that.

Seems like an awful lot of pink in those cabins. :D That said, 9000 has a bigger balcony and is not directly underneath the bridge.

Edited by GrabMyWrist

We love 10000 and 10500 as you get so much more room inside and we never hear any noise from the bridge. The view is awesome from up there. You can check out pictures from the suites at www,flickr.com/photos/magickpyggie/sets and choosing the Gem 2013 and Jade 2012 and 2013 sets. Enjoy

John and Joan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The 2BR Penthouse is an awesome cabin. Not sure if that is the same as the family villa - terms get tossed around here.

I believe they are one in the same. They used to be referred to as Family PH and now are referred to as Family Villa.

I just stayed in a 2 bedroom in the jewel. Loved it!! So much room. The carpet and couch was new.

That's good to hear! We'll be in 11506. I know my brothers in law will probably whine about sharing a room. That said, the cruise is free for them so I'm sure they'll get over it. :D

That's really good to hear. We took our entire family minus the brothers in law to Alaska last year. We footed the bill for 7 and were all split up in different balcony cabins. Next year it's their turn and we wanted to also enjoy something different. Based on the reviews, I think the 2BR Family Villa will be perfect. If nothing else, the suite perks are worth it all on their own. The trip will also be our 17th Anniversary, so it will be neat to share it with them.

For our 20th, I'm going all out on something in the 13 to 20+ day range with Haven access!

Edited by GrabMyWrist