Need cabin opinion, Sunshine

srjones1

On Carnival Sunshine, I'm torn between a balcony cabin on deck 6 or deck 8. Both are mid ship but the deck 8 cabin is "more" mid ship however, food areas are above it. The deck 6 cabin is one cabin from aft designation and right by the elevators and I'm concerned about the potential noise from all the people that have to pass by there.

Anyone's opinion is appreciated. Thanks

I haven't been on the Sunshine yet, but I have stayed by the elevators on other ships, and haven't had an issue with noise of those walking by, or the traffic. There's a wall, hallway, separation between the rooms and elevators, so you won't hear noise from them. You'll usually only hear noise, when its a really loud person, or crowd who may be intoxicated, or kids running up and down the halls (sometimes knocking on doors), but you'll experience that with any cabin. I would go for the aft cabin myself, which is where I have been selecting my cabin for the past few cruises, including the one on the Sunshine. Hope this helps, and enjoy your cruise!!!!

We were on the sunshine for it's repo cruise. If I were you I would pick deck 8 but forward. If you are mid on deck 8 you are under the pool area and you will hear the chairs being moved and kids running. I would not pick deck 6 as we were on deck 6 forward and could hear the music in the forward lounge and if you are mid you will hear the band in ocean plaza. After 30 cruise I only stay in room that have cabins above and below me then you never have any trouble with noise. Hope this helps.