Breakaway Day of Sailing Dinner

Squirty27

This will be our first time cruising on the Breakaway(actually first time cruising where you don't have assigned seating times) - our ship leaves at 4 p.m. Where of the complimentary restaurants would you suggest we eat? There will be 5 adults and two children.

I see that the Main Dining Rooms start service at 5:30 but I really want to be able to be on deck to enjoy going out to sea.

I see that I can't make reservations at any of the other complimentary restaurants. (O'Sheehan's, Uptown Bar and Grill and Garden Cafe') when and how do I make reservations for these?

Thank you.

This will be our first time cruising on the Breakaway(actually first time cruising where you don't have assigned seating times) - our ship leaves at 4 p.m. Where of the complimentary restaurants would you suggest we eat? There will be 5 adults and two children.

I see that the Main Dining Rooms start service at 5:30 but I really want to be able to be on deck to enjoy going out to sea.

I see that I can't make reservations at any of the other complimentary restaurants. (O'Sheehan's, Uptown Bar and Grill and Garden Cafe') when and how do I make reservations for these?

Thank you.

The Garden Cafe is the buffet area, O's is pub food just walk in same for bar and grill, you also can't make reservations at the Main Dining rooms it's first come first served.

We never had more than a 10 minute wait for a table, even at the busiest times of the evening on our cruise last week.

Service wise, I felt that the servers at Savor were more attentive. Taste was a strike out both times.

Agreed. And to the OP- look into the Cirque Jungle Dinner- it is reduced to 29.99 pp only on Sunday and is FABULOUS!!!! We had the 8:30 seating and it lasts 1hr 30 min.

You actually can make reservations in the 3 main dining rooms - I know because I just did! The last time we cruised NCL in 2012 the lines for the MDR were a disaster and I didn't want to go through that again.

Enjoy!

Thank you.

If the ship sails on time at 4pm (and it has the last few weeks), you'll be into open waters and past the Verazano Bridge around 5pm, so dinner at any of the restaurants after 5:30 should be fine.

I've been watching the various NYC Port webcams to confirm the times for the same reason -- sailing out of NY harbor is awesome and something not to miss. We've sailed out before, but my family that's joining us has always sailed from someplace in FL, so this will be a first for them.

Agreed. And to the OP- look into the Cirque Jungle Dinner- it is reduced to 29.99 pp only on Sunday and is FABULOUS!!!! We had the 8:30 seating and it lasts 1hr 30 min.

Yes ... I would also recommend Cirque the first night ... when it's least crowded and at a discount ;)

If the ship sails on time at 4pm (and it has the last few weeks), you'll be into open waters and past the Verazano Bridge around 5pm, so dinner at any of the restaurants after 5:30 should be fine.

One of our favorite dinners was dining outdoors at Cagney's ... sailing under the Verrazano ... but it might not work with a 4pm sailing. However, we've also very much enjoyed sailaway on the Waterfront ... going under the bridge too :)

the show and dinner Cirque Dreams... is free on the first night and you can make reservations online so you will know you have a table. I just reserved for the first eve of my sailing and it is free

the show and dinner Cirque Dreams... is free on the first night and you can make reservations online so you will know you have a table. I just reserved for the first eve of my sailing and it is free

Don't be surprised if they charge you $29.99 onboard which reflects the first night discount.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

You might be able to do this via your cabin TV once you board... but you really don't need to. Your cabin TV and various screens in the public areas will tell you how busy each venue is and choose accordingly.

*If* there is a wait at one of the MDRs (there are three), they will give you one of those coaster shaped beeper thingies and you can go hang out in a bar until it lights up. Sometimes we waited on line at both Taste and Savor, and ate in the one that called on us first. :)

.....that you have the UDP which has the show included the first night only?

:confused:

wasiii

Don't be surprised if they charge you $29.99 onboard which reflects the first night discount.
ditto!!

I was thinking the same thing ... ;)

.....that you have the UDP which has the show included the first night only?

http://www.ncl.com/udp/faq

I didn't think that the UDP included Cirque ... is that something *special* that was introduced recently?

http://www.ncl.com/udp/faq

I didn't think that the UDP included Cirque ... is that something *special* that was introduced recently?

UDP includes it on first night only now. They added this when the new pricing took effect. See question 3 in your link.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

The Garden Cafe is the buffet area, O's is pub food just walk in same for bar and grill, you also can't make reservations at the Main Dining rooms it's first come first served.

Actually you can make reservations for the 3 MDRs if you do it prior to cruising or if you want to eat very early- which would probably mean when they 1st open for dinner. I made reservations for the 1st night at Savor for my party prior to our cruise in May. The rest of the cruise only had to wait a few minutes at most to be seated at either Manhattan or Savor.

To the OP- Garden Cafe & Uptown Grill are the two buffets- so you just walk in. OSheehan's you are served and I never saw any body really waiting in line to be seated on my cruise.

Edited by sugarnyc