Vision of the Seas getting Bad Reviews lately???

[quote name='peaceloveandsandyfeet']We are planning a last minute cruise and it was either the Victory or the Vision of the Seas. I looked at the reviews for the Vision of the Seas and they were all 1-2 stars. Has anyone been on it lately. It says service is horrible.[/quote]
Some recent Vision threads:

[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2054437[/url]

[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2053273[/url]

[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2043460[/url]

[quote name='peaceloveandsandyfeet']We are planning a last minute cruise and it was either the Victory or the Vision of the Seas. I looked at the reviews for the Vision of the Seas and they were all 1-2 stars. Has anyone been on it lately. It says service is horrible.[/quote]

I was on it May 3. I would not say horrible, but service was just OK. Service was OK when you asked for something but they did not go out of their way to be proactive or overly helpful. Alot of people have mentioned crowding and very long wait times at bars. I did not feel overcrowded on the ship. Some bar visits took a while but not too long.

I was one one of the first sailings out of Ft Lauderdale. In reading the reviews it appears that it has gotten worse over time, not better. Maybe someone that was on the ship more recent may have better insight. As I said, our experience was just OK. We loved the Jewel. Will probably stay away from Vision class from now on. I know it is not the crews fault, but I did not like the ship layout either.

[quote name='masspector']I was on it May 3. I would not say horrible, but service was just OK. Service was OK when you asked for something but they did not go out of their way to be proactive or overly helpful. Alot of people have mentioned crowding and very long wait times at bars. I did not feel overcrowded on the ship. Some bar visits took a while but not too long.

I was one one of the first sailings out of Ft Lauderdale. In reading the reviews it appears that it has gotten worse over time, not better. Maybe someone that was on the ship more recent may have better insight. As I said, our experience was just OK. We loved the Jewel. Will probably stay away from Vision class from now on. I know it is not the crews fault, but I did not like the ship layout either.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. I wonder why RCCL would allow this to continue for months. People said they been getting credits for future sailings of it. :p

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was on Vision this past week. Because of a family emergency, we had to leave the cruise early in Charleston. But during the short time that we were there, I found the ship beautiful and the service just fine. We had no problem getting drinks in the Schooner Bar, the Pool Bar or the Solarium Bar. Unfortunately, I didn't get to experience the other venues. I did notice that the R Bar was closed during the early afternoon. Just remembered we went up to the the very top - having a memory lapse - when the R Bar wasn't open and it was almost empty, but the bartender was there, friendly and gave generous pours. Also, the Diamond Lounge was moved to the Shall We Dance lounge, and the service was excellent. Service and dinner were excellent in both Chops and Giovanni's. Made it to the dining room only once and that was for breakfast. We were immediately seated in a special Diamond Plus section. We ate in the Windjammer for breakfast our final day - it was the same as other buffets we have experienced on other ships - not wonderful but adequate. So -- again, we were only on there for 2 days and 2 nights -- but I think when the cruise ends in a couple of days, you'll see more positive reviews.

One other thing - we were in Junior Suite 8510. It was an accessible room that we were placed in as a "guarantee" - neither my husband nor I are handicapped. The room and balcony and bathroom were very roomy. The shower was a joke -- it was big but there was no way to take a shower without totally flooding the area - all our towels were used up sopping up the water. Also, the room was hot. Luckily we had a small fan with us. I did call maintenance the 2nd day and they came promptly and looks like they replaced the thermostat but I woke up hot on our final night and was literally sweating when we were packing up to leave on our final morning.

[quote name='betsyl']I was on Vision this past week. Because of a family emergency, we had to leave the cruise early in Charleston. But during the short time that we were there, I found the ship beautiful and the service just fine. We had no problem getting drinks in the Schooner Bar, the Pool Bar or the Solarium Bar. Unfortunately, I didn't get to experience the other venues. I did notice that the R Bar was closed during the early afternoon. Just remembered we went up to the the very top - having a memory lapse - when the R Bar wasn't open and it was almost empty, but the bartender was there, friendly and gave generous pours. Also, the Diamond Lounge was moved to the Shall We Dance lounge, and the service was excellent. Service and dinner were excellent in both Chops and Giovanni's. Made it to the dining room only once and that was for breakfast. We were immediately seated in a special Diamond Plus section. We ate in the Windjammer for breakfast our final day - it was the same as other buffets we have experienced on other ships - not wonderful but adequate. So -- again, we were only on there for 2 days and 2 nights -- but I think when the cruise ends in a couple of days, you'll see more positive reviews.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much! I was wondering about the dining. That answer most of my questions!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

[quote name='peaceloveandsandyfeet']We are planning a last minute cruise and it was either the Victory or the Vision of the Seas. I looked at the reviews for the Vision of the Seas and they were all 1-2 stars. Has anyone been on it lately. It says service is horrible.[/QUOTE]

We just returned from being on vision three weeks ago. Our service was wonderful and the staff was very friendly. Ate at chops which was delicious. MDR food was fine with the service being great. She is a beautiful ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk