Scooter

dandsfranklin

My mom has limited mobility and has to use a scooter. She can walk but can't walk very far.

We'll be in the Magic in Sept and I've read that it's a tender port and scooters aren't allowed on the tenders.

Any ideas for what we could do that day? I'm thinking maybe renting a wheelchair before we leave Galveston just to use on this day. Is this a good idea? Any recommendations for the day? Thanks in advance.

Check with Special Needs, I believe Carnival has wheelchairs available for passengers to use but may be wrong on that. Otherwise, I don't know if wheel chair rentals are available at the tender pier, I doubt it.

Even if your mother can walk a bit, it's a matter of climbing up and down steps from the ship to the tender to the pier and reverse. There will be ship crew and tender crew who will assist here in getting on and off. Any organized tour is going to use vans or buses. These vehicles may or may not be able to accommodate wheel chairs. I'd be surprised if normal Belize taxis can accommodate them, but maybe a van taxi could. Most organized tours require walking around at some point. But I have seen people in wheelchairs being pushed up the access road to the ruins at Xunantunich. And have heard of people with mobile difficulties being able to see Altun Ha. I certainly wouldn't take them cave tubing as path is very narrow in spots and there's no way to get the wheel chair back down the river except for someone to take it back down the path.