Carnival Liberty: Two years later (Including FunTimes and such)

APDMOM

We just returned on Sunday from Carnival Liberty - just about two years after our first experience on the same ship. I will be sharing a review and many pictures of our trip. Although we had a great cruise, we noticed many changes that I will be sharing too.

First off, I will post the Fun Times for the detail planners. Although our cruise was unique in itinerary, the 8-days Fun Times should be quite similar in activities to those coming up this summer.

Enjoy planning your cruise!

Edited by APDMOM

That is it for now. You may notice that the Fun Times had several errors, like announcing the end of our cruise on Monday (Day 3 of our cruise!) My detail oriented DH and DS got a kick out of finding all the errors. :)

I will continue tomorrow with the review and pictures of our adventures.

If anyone would like to have the Fun Times sent to them, just request at APDMOM@live.com

A little background:

We are a family of three and we love to cruise. We have been on 15 cruises, and have 3 more booked. We usually look for a great deal on any cruiseline and book our cruises that way. When we heard Carnival Liberty was coming to Port Canaveral, we did not hesitate to use our Future Cruise Certificate to book our second cruise on Liberty. Two years ago, this was our favorite (if not second favorite) Carnival ship. I will share what a difference two years make :D...the better, the worse and the similar.

We researched prices for hotels that offer a free shuttle. We settled on Radisson Resort at the Port, since they also allowed you to book the shuttle time in advance. So, back in February, I made a reservation for the 10:30 am shuttle.

Coming up: Pictures of the Radisson and a short review of our stay. (As soon as Photobucket loads are done)

Edited by APDMOM
Clarify

Radisson Resort at the port:

I found out on CC that the Country Inns and Suites now also takes advanced reservations for the shuttle. We stayed at Hampton Inn last year, and they did not. So, depending on your order of check in at the hotel, you may get stuck on a late shuttle. We liked that you could make the shuttle reservation in advance at both Radisson and CI&S. We chose Radisson for the lower price.

Although the Radisson was very convenient to the port, the room was small with double beds. It was definitely okay for one night's stay, but be aware of these facts.

In the future, we will keep checking prices at the Country Inns and Suites. At this point, Radisson still has the lowest price for our next two trips to PC.

The room:

1d1856818b85869ce39b3a6a430c4f5b_zpsb341b8ce.jpg

They had a fridge and small microwave:

9f5575d8a40c7ebde974ca44615fda5e_zpsf72b1340.jpg

51d3791f9a3ff1a16ffb764b25cfccea_zps3aa7f458.jpg

One minor drawback of the Radisson is that they did not provide free breakfast. For some rates, it looked like there was "free" breakfast, but they really only stated that breakfast would be included - with the price difference, it came out to $10 per person for breakfast. So, we brought our own cereal, got juice and milk from Publix down the road, and enjoyed a cheap breakfast... after all, we have Blue Iguana Huevos Rancheros to look forward to for the next 8 days!

Here are the prices for room service breakfast:

1cb3707bcf4d426d3e67177bb95aa88b_zps1206a69c.jpg

The pool was definitely a highlight of the Radisson!

b8cb1d17a936caf79da669776dfe7d4a_zps919efc36.jpg

It was too hot to play tennis, but we will bring those rackets in December :)

664ba4ae409f7b999fdddb19c77a7d04_zps767ff45a.jpg

9e71b43be37825bcdd89fafcad051707_zps1f40c948.jpg

b679205df64322c86a6a2e32fa621b49_zpsac56c3d1.jpg

APDMOM - I cannot open the Fun Times (computer glitch) - we are on this cruise starting this Friday - could you tell me which nights were the formal dining nights?

Thanks

They were on Sunday (first sea day) and on Friday (second sea day). Enjoy your cruise!

More, more please. We sail on her on Friday. Was Brain still at the Alchemy bar?

Sorry! I missed this post with all my back-to-back posting of the Fun Times. Glad someone answered your question. We had Tamara when we went for the Martini tasting. It was a lot of fun!

I will return with some of the review later tonight when I can sit down at the computer. The iPad App for photobucket is just too temperamental to use :D

We just returned on Sunday from Carnival Liberty - just about two years after our first experience on the same ship. I will be sharing a review and many pictures of our trip. Although we had a great cruise, we noticed many changes that I will be sharing too.

First off, I will post the Fun Times for the detail planners. Although our cruise was unique in itinerary, the 8-days Fun Times should be quite similar in activities to those coming up this summer.

Enjoy planning your cruise!

You are a Dear soul for posting those Fun Times. How nice of you to be so thoughtful and take the time to do it. We sail in two weeks and I am thrilled to be going.

You are a Dear soul for posting those Fun Times. How nice of you to be so thoughtful and take the time to do it. We sail in two weeks and I am thrilled to be going.

You are welcome :) I think I know you from the Fascination in Jacksonville thread? Your name looks familiar. Enjoy planning your cruise!