If you STILL have Liberty questions...

RatherBCrusin

Did you take the ships tour? And if so the Liberty was in port on a Sunday and did you have any trouble with sites being open only limited times durring the day? We will be in port on Sunday and don't want to be disapointed when they skip things they advertise.

Hello TwoBayLady,

If you are going to spend some time in Paris and Rome - as we intend to do -

I think it makes sense to get your cheques in euros instead of US dollars then there won't be a conversion fee.

We are also thinking of getting a Travelex cash passport from our bank here. Then we can use it in any ATM's abroad that accept Visa. I think you can get a similar thing from Amex in the US but I checked our Amex website here in Oz and can't see anything on there. I will check that out to make sure.

We are on the Carnival Liberty cruise on Sept. 30th - which one are you on?

Bye for now

Joyce

you mentioned you booked your gondola ride...did you get stuck going with other people. I want to book for just me and my husband...and not have anyone else on the gondola...? Can you advise?

I'm booking for 6 persons. They do have a 2 person price but not sure if that means ONLY 2 persons in the boat. http://www.weekendavenezia.com

re:attire for cathedrals-- my husband wore knee length shorts and was not turned away at all. One of my party wore t tank and short shorts and had to cover in ST Marks. The facilities give you sort of a paper"shawl" to put over you when you enter if you are not appropriately dressed. You leave the shawl when you leave. It was very warm, so I would never suggest long pants during this weather.

I did not have travellers checks per se, I brought the actual euros with me and had no problem. I do remember peoples standing in line at the pursers trying to exchange travellers checks and they were having a problem. I would suggest the bare minimum of travellers checks (maybe 100E) to cover the cab ride, tips to your hotel. Then change $ in the airport at the ATM--- NOT the currency desk.

Reply to Sy--

I brought 200E in checks, as our connection to the airport was 96E and we wanted to have some emergency money. The rest I did at ATMS.

tours--NONE of the toru operators took travellers checks-- just euros.

It would REALLY be pushing ot to do Capri and Amalfi coast in one day. I dont think you would have time to really do anything with that kind of itinerary. Hope this helps

I e-mailed weekendavenezia and they said if you reserve for two you will not have additional people added to your gondola. I checked because I didn't think being squished in with strangers would do anything to enhance my romantic experience. On the other since the price is basically per gondola if you had a group of 4-6 traveling together it would definitely be a good deal.

Thanks for the reply. We realized the imposibility of doing both Capri & Amalfi and for the sake of not wanting to "miss the boat".\, we booked the Carnival excursion to Amalfi. We know we won't be left behind(for a price, of course)!

Archived