cruise upgrade and TA cannot offer to us

WASUP

We are doing a transatlantic and we are in an inside cabin, I asked for an upgrade, that if it was within reason we would pay the increase, I found an oceanview from another web based cruise travel agent and I emailed the information to the one we choose to book with and they said that they didnot have that offer to give to us, there oceanview was 6oo total more. My question is if we are with a web based cruise TA, what is our recourse if we find a better deal with another web based TA? Final payment is not due till Sept

Thanks

Cruiselines will not offer you any discounts based on other agencies. If the price you are seeing is lower-make sure the figure you are seeing includes all taxes and port charges.

Since you already paid final payment-- there is nothing else you can do.

Some time agencies can offer lower prices because they have reserved a block of cabins; therefore your TA might not be able to match the the price. You can cancel and rebook if you are not beyond the final payment date, but be sure that you are comparing total prices including any cancellation penalties before you do so.

Archived