Scared To Book Seadream

daninnyc

Hi -

I was all ready to book the experinece (after being on many a large ship and enjoying Windstar so much) until I read the threads about those children things. I have to say, I don't want to be around children on a ship this size...I would very much walk off the ship at the next port and check into a hotel - it's been done before for other reasons. No person here can assure me that 30 children will not be running around, but what a gamble on a product like this for people to put $7k or so on the line. I know the line makes most of it's money from booking large families and such, and if there was any way to satisfy the profits and the passengers I would offer the suggestion....does anyone have a comment?

Dan in NYC

(Feeling Let Down)

Hi there. If you're that worried about the children issue, by all means don't book Sea Dream. It's just not worth the risk. Rather than enjoying the time before the cruise looking forward to it, you'd be worried about your trip being ruined and your investment being wasted.

Having said that, I am just home from my 14th Sea Goddess/Seabourn Goddess/Sea Dream cruise. I can count on one hand the number of children we have encountered on those cruises. None of those very few children created any problem or issue. I'm looking forward to number 15 in a few months.

Thanks for your reply. You are correct - I just dis not want to have a bad experience. However, the product sounds extremely pleasing - I stil may roll the dice since dressing up in a Tux and parading around all day is not what I want to do. I just want real access to the water. Some posts on the sight did scare me - and I don't mind a few kids but when there are something like 20 or 30 on a ship this size it could be a problem.

I am planning on a cruise in early March and I dont think that is a holiday period (which I completely forgot is a real factor) so I may in fact be safe. If anyone out there thinks that early March is a holiday out there let me know!

Thanks again for your comments -

Dan:)

Archived