Bermuda or Caribbean

I have been on 6 Caribbean cruises, and 2 times I felt a little sea sick from the motion-not too bad but enough to put a damper those nights. I know weather makes the difference, but I just wanted to make sure I would be sick for 1/2 the trip travelling there/back. I live in New York so I wouldn't need to fly if I go to Bermuda too.

If I were you I'd pick a Bermuda cruise.

You've been to the Caribbean 6 times and know what to expect.

Bermuda is different in many ways. You'll be glad you took a ship and get to see as much as you can during the port stop. It's a memorable port of call no matter what you see.

Saturday and Sunday the ferry doesn't go from the Naval Dockyard to St. George but you can take Bus 8 from the Dockyard to see the beaches then transfer to another bus for St. Georges. My mind is still a bit muddled from cruise hangover. At the ferry port in Hamilton you can make a quick trip back to the Naval Dockyard or catch a bus at the station just a few blocks away.

May I encourage you to book the Bermuda cruise and not worry about rough seas. From Ft. Lauderdale to Charleston, to Bermuda, to Nassau, and the beach island, the seas were smooth on the Vision June 9-19 cruise.

Book Bermuda -- go for it. You'll be happy to see a different place.

See Post #23 above -- no problems.

Visit Guest Services for motion sickness pills IF the need arises by a flutter.

Claire

Edited by ClairetoCruise

My pick would be Bermuda! We have traveled many times Eastern/Western/Southern Caribbean. We have experienced rough seas going to the Caribbean but we also had rough seas from NYC to Bermuda. We LOVE Bermuda! I would recommend Bermuda to anyone! It is very safe, beautiful and the locals were so nice! It is our favorite place to visit (with our second being Grand Cayman)! I also recommend a 7 day cruise to Bermuda over a 5 day.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Is it much rougher seas going to Bermuda than it is in the Caribbean? Trying to decide between 2 rccl cruises. Usually I am ok with sea sickness in the Caribbean but I'm worried about Bermuda but I would love to try something new. I am thinking about going in July if that is a factor. Thanks

Bermuda is beautiful, pink sand blue beaches and awesome shopping,, but I'm carribean cruiser now

Hi Gay, I just saw this. Although I live on Long Island, I am not such a savvy city traveler, so my help is limited.

From JFK airport, you can take the Air Train to the Long Island Railroad station in Jamaica Queens, and connect to the railroad which will bring you into Penn Station (next to Madison square Garden) That is significantly cheaper than taking a taxi. On the way back to JFK, you do the reverse, but there are two Air Train lines - make sure you get onto the one that goes to the airport.

From Penn Station, you can pick up a subway map, and there are people there to help you get into lower Manhattan. (I'm not sure)

If you are flying into LGA, maybe someone else can help direct you.

Hi Donna i do have a question for you since you live on LI and you can email me on this so as not to take up time on this board. We are planning on stopping off in NY 2 days before we go on the Oct 19, 2015 SOS Quebec cruise to FT Lauderdale. My question, what is the best way to travel into NY City and lower Manhatten. Ourselves and friends want to plan a visit. My last visit to NY City was ages ago and not familiar with the subways and stops needed. Thanks a bunch. In fact that was our one & only visit to Bermuda so wouldn't mind doing that again sometime.

Gay