XCaret, Xel-ha, or Chaakanab???

tispwisp

I love Xcaret, went there back in 2003 while staying in Cancun for a week and believe me you will need more than 6 hrs to enjoy all the things Xcaret have to offer. I call Xcaret the Mexican version of a Disney theme park LOL

The best of Xcaret? IMO The folkloric Mexican night show at the new Gran Tlachco theater, this show starts Daily at 7 pm. The show its a musical, and tells the story of the evolution of the Mexican Culture. They show the Mayan indians pre-hispanic game (like Hokey but played with a med size ball set on fire), the arrival of the Spaniards, the fight between the indians and Spaniards and how these two mended their differences and blended their cultures to create what is the Mexican Culture today. Its awesome! you can make reservations to the dinning area of the teather and eat while you enjoy the show!

The underground river swim it's a MUST, you will swim thru caves, some pitch black some with beautiful open spaces..be prepared this is a loongg swim in a cold water river. There is a small beach with lots of hammocks and a restaurant behind located in front of the swim with the dolphin area, its a great place to swim, eat and rest.

The park have several areas of interest, the butterfly pavillion, the ruins, the aquarium, the scenic tower, even a small zoo. The park also offers horse back riding, pony back riding along the shore line. Snorkle, Snuba (or sea trek), swim or dive with the dolphins too..

During the day, there are shows around the park like Mayan ceremonies in the "village", the Papantla Flyers, horse show, shark feeding, turtle release, etc.

If you get bored in Xcaret is not because Xcaret is boring its because you are a boring person LOL.. :p

Im going back to cozumel on Sept 8 but the cruise Im taking (fascination) arrives at cozumel at 12 (leaving at 11 pm) Im not sure if Carnival offers tours to Xcaret that late in the day. :o

I'm wanting to do Xcaret, also but it's not shown as an option for Cozumel. We get in at 7 am and leave at 5 pm and they are offering ruins tours but no Xcaret. This is on Carnival.

Anyone sailed in the last few weeks who can confirm this will be available on board or should I plan on doing something else?

I have the same question too....We will dock at Cozumel on the first day (9 am-10 pm) and playa del carmen or calica on the second day (7:00 am-4:00 pm) next week. I want to book Tulum & Xel-ha shore excursion from PDC on the 2nd day and want to do the Xcaret tour from Cozumel on the first day but it doesn't seem like carnival offers Xcaret tour from cozumel.....anyone has any other suggestions ?

I want to book Xcaret from Calica. I have the option to add shore excursions in both Calica and Cozumel but Xcaret is not offered on either screen. Even if Carnival doesn't offer Xcaret we will still go while we are in Calica. I just wanted to book it on-line. Does anyone know how much it is through Carnival?

I am taking Ecstasy next week and carnival does offer Xcaret for a rate from $59.00 from Calica/PDC.....but not from Cozumel :( I really want to go both Xcaret and Tulum/Xel-Ha on 2 different days but don't know how to work out the trip from cozumel to either place. :confused:

I want to book Xcaret from Calica. I have the option to add shore excursions in both Calica and Cozumel but Xcaret is not offered on either screen. Even if Carnival doesn't offer Xcaret we will still go while we are in Calica. I just wanted to book it on-line. Does anyone know how much it is through Carnival?

I went in January through Carnival when I was on the Ecstasy. I believe it was $55.

I have been to Tulum and Xel Ha twice. They are only a few minutes apart by road so we do half day trips from Cancun. If a ship docks an entire day, I imagine they could easily offer a combo tour like most of the Cancun resorts do.

I'm wanting to do Xcaret, also but it's not shown as an option for Cozumel. We get in at 7 am and leave at 5 pm and they are offering ruins tours but no Xcaret. This is on Carnival.

Anyone sailed in the last few weeks who can confirm this will be available on board or should I plan on doing something else?

Xcaret is open and available. Which ship will you be coming in on? For some, because of time in port, the mainland tours are not offered.

Im going to be on the Ecstasy in October.We are in Coz for 13 hrs,but Excaret is not offered to us either.It is listed under excursions for Coz but then not on the booking page.I booked it from PDC,but would rather do something else there and Excaret from Coz...Dot

I think the problem with the excursion is that it is to far off for all of the excurisions to be listed. I think as the time gets closer the excursion you want may be listed as something you can do. You have several months till December and that may be why it isn't listed yet.

Terri

• 2 weeks later...

Xcaret ended up being offered on board for $89 pp even though it was never listed on the website (Ecstacy cruise Sept 1st). We did the excursion but with only 7.5 hours in port and 3 hours of travel time (plus an extra 15 minute wait for a couple who dissapeared while we were there, never did find them), we only ended up with 4 hours in the park. This was NOT enough time! The park itself is lovely. We did the underground swim, plus saw the turtles and the aquarium but that was it, there was much we didnt' get to see. We did eat some pretty strange mexican food at the restaurant our guide recommended (sweet chicken enchilladas?). Our guide was fantastic and we enjoy ourselves, just wished we had had more time.

• 1 month later...

I read some negative reviews on Tripadvisor. People said Xcaret was dirty and the exhibits not well kept. What would you say to that? Also, are the Mayan ruins authentic or imitation? Thanks. Marlyne

I was just there yesterday,and the park is still recovering from the Hurricane.Plants every where to be replanted.One side of the park wasnt that damaged and was quite lovely,but the other side is pretty much closed.The beach area was however wonderful! Very well maintained and lots of staffers around for your drinks! I had one of their foo foos in a coconut shell raccoon,and it was quite cute for $9. not mention how good it was! Didnt do the dolphin part.All in all,its probably not a good time to go if you want to do everything they offer.But it was fine for us and we felt ok with our moneys worth.We ate at the buffet for $19. a person,which was very good.Dont expect to find a lot of gift shops though,not much there...Dot

Archived