May be a silly question - Great Barrier Reef

Iamthesea

Several friends are joining us and taking the Solstice out of Sydney to NZ at the end of January. The ship does not go to the reef area so we thought we would add days before the cruise.

Our intention was to fly from Sydney to Hamilton Island and visit the reef from there. is that a viable option? If not, what would be the best way for us to visit the area in a limited amount of time?

Thanks for any input.

We are doing a Sydney to singapore cruise in jan 2015. It stops in both airlie beach and cairns. Airlie beach offers trips out yo the reef

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did this cruise last nov, 2013. Would do it again in a heart beat. Take the ships tour to the Great Barrier reef. They load from the ship and take you back to the ship. No travel time to get on the boat. We booked as soon a possible as these tours sell out. Also we took the one on first day. They also offer one the next morning. Had my husband known he would have done that one too. The reef was on his bucket list.

This was a great cruise, one of the best we have done (over 30 cruises).

Pam

It's celebrity century. 14 nights

We did this cruise last nov' date=' 2013. Would do it again in a heart beat. Take the ships tour to the Great Barrier reef. They load from the ship and take you back to the ship. No travel time to get on the boat. We booked as soon a possible as these tours sell out. Also we took the one on first day. They also offer one the next morning. Had my husband known he would have done that one too. The reef was on his bucket list.

This was a great cruise, one of the best we have done (over 30 cruises).

Pam[/quote']

I am not so sure that we could stand to be on the Century for 14 nights straight. We have done 5 and 7 nights on her, but would be afraid of getting bored with all the sea days.

mpbmark - We are booked on the cruise after yours. ;) Thank you for asking your question. Hope we get some answers. That would be ideal to visit the reef before the cruise.:)