Automatic free cabin upgrades always for those with multiple Princess cruises?

Time For Dreaming

12 cruise credits on Princess (eight embarkations due to B2Bs). Always booked balconies, never had an upgrade or an upsell. Always used a travel agent.

11 cruises in different categories on various other lines. Received an "upgrade" on our very first cruise (Carnival) in 1988. It was from an interior to an ocean view that looked onto the Promenade Deck (more like a look into from the Promenade Deck :eek:).

Received and accepted two up-sells from an interior to a balcony on Norwegian.

12 Princess cruises.

Upgraded 4 times.

Obstructed Ocean view to Balcony 3X

Obstructed view to Ocean view 1X

Always booked with TA.

1 HAL cruise, no upgrade

1 Celebrity cruise, no upgrade

Booked with TA.

Theo.

Were the Princess upgrades booked as 'will accept an upgrade' for cabins booked on a guarantee or had you booked specific cabins?

12 Princess cruises.

Upgraded 4 times.

Obstructed Ocean view to Balcony 3X

Obstructed view to Ocean view 1X

Always booked with TA.

1 HAL cruise, no upgrade

1 Celebrity cruise, no upgrade

Booked with TA.

Theo.

Obstructed Ocean View may be a key here. Since there are fewer of them (on most ships), it would stand to reason that demand could be greater than supply. Fewer suites also but not much to upgrade to from there.

Edited by Musky Ike

I received an upgrade...looked at My Princess over the weekend and I had gotten upgraded from Caribe 245 which I had picked, I LOVE Caribe deck:D and I really did not want to move even though it was an inside cabin. I got moved to E417(YUCK) :(.

This was an obstructed view above the Crooners Bar area....No thank you:eek:. This was a deck I wanted to avoid because of noise and I am a light sleeper. I had even told my TA to only upgrade me to Balcony if available.

I called the TA and told them Princess had upgraded me and I did not like the location.

So I got a price upgrade for a balcony cabin, Aloha cabin # 238.

I ended up Paying another $150 total for the 2 of us. The cabin is below & above other cabins and not the deck pool area.

Prices change all the time. I had checked a month ago to upgrade to balcony cabin was $320 each!! Sometimes you have to make your own upgrade. I will check again on prices one more time before final payment.

Those few who have been lucky to have FREE upgrades - kudos to you.

Were the Princess upgrades booked as 'will accept an upgrade' for cabins booked on a guarantee or had you booked specific cabins?

We always pick our cabin. If we get upgraded that's a bonus, if no upgrade we still will be happy.

Theo