Grey Goose Vodka Martini

ridgerunner51

I was not a martini drinker and decided to try a Grey Goose Vodka Martini while on a December Caribbean cruise on the Emerald. I loved it. I have looked up receipes, but I did not know there are wet and dry Grey Goose Vodka martini recipes. Can I found out what receipe was used on the Emerald?

Thanks,

Ridgerunner

I was not a martini drinker and decided to try a Grey Goose Vodka Martini while on a December Caribbean cruise on the Emerald. I loved it. I have looked up receipes, but I did not know there are wet and dry Grey Goose Vodka martini recipes. Can I found out what receipe was used on the Emerald?

Thanks,

Ridgerunner

My martini of choice is the "Chairman of the Board".

1 part Grey Goose Vodka

1 part Bombay Sapphire Gin

1/2 part Cointreau.

14428987015_a71c8143a6_c.jpgStar Princess - Alaska - June 2014 020 by RickEk, on Flickr

Generally refers to the amount of vermouth added. The more vermouth the "wetter" the martini. I prefer extra dry vodka martini which if made properly has no vermouth. I also enjoy the chairman of the board.

Hard to say what your Grey Goose contained as different bartenders have their own style.

I suppose I will just have to experiment with different receipes!!

Darn...but that is sooo much work :D

BTW, the bartenders at Crooners bar sell a pack of cards that have most all cocktail recipes on them. Hubby and I have had quite a bit of fun trying to recreate some of our more adventurous martinis served in the Crooners bar over the past couple of years.

BTW, the bartenders at Crooners bar sell a pack of cards that have most all cocktail recipes on them. Hubby and I have had quite a bit of fun trying to recreate some of our more adventurous martinis served in the Crooners bar over the past couple of years.

Thank you so much for this tip!!!!!

I have the "Tee Many Martoonis" cards here and there must be a dozen Grey Goose Martini recipes in them.

Do you remember any flavors?

Mike:)

I have the "Tee Many Martoonis" cards here and there must be a dozen Grey Goose Martini recipes in them.

Yes, that is the deck of cards we have, too. Not all the recipes we've used required Grey Goose. Stoli and the flavored Absolutes worked fine. My husband doesn't actually like the taste of alcohol so he always leaned toward anything that had chocolate or fruit flavors. I mostly went for drinks that had a pretty color. (Pink, green, blue) :D I would ask someone sitting near us what they were drinking and would just try one if it sounded good. We loved the chocolate Nuttini, Chocolate Martini, Cosmopolitan, Tango tini, Sour Apple tini (husband's favorite) and a Chocolate rasberritini, or variation thereof. I enjoy margaritas when going south of the border and they also make a Margaratini. We were surprised how much fun it was to experiment with them. We've pretty much only drink wine with dinner so this was a nice change.

Edited by iceleven

• 3 weeks later...

I do not remember any flavors, but I do remember it was very crisp and refreshing.

ridgerunner51