Splendor Spa Cabins

cruisegirl73

I am booking a cruise tomorrow for me, my hubby and two boys ages 11 and 13 and I am trying to narrow down what section of the boat to stay on. I have never been on the Splendor before. I was interested in a spa package but hear mixed reviews about the rooms on that floor. Not sure I would be able to deal with the lack of privacy on the balcony on this deck. Some also complained of noise from the kids slide. Can you please help me make a decision? :) Thanks!

We were in room 1116 which is the closest one to the slide area. There was quite a bit of noise while you were on the balcony. The balcony had no cover so you couldn't stay out there very long with the sun beating down on you. We loved the spa and the access we had to the Thalassotherapy pool and tepidarium. Would definitey do a spa balcony again but as far forward as possible next time. Also, the door to the slide area was right outside the stateroom door and it didn't latch all the time so you could hear it clicking alot as the ship swayed. I had to get up a few times at night to latch it as it kept us awake some nights

I am booking a cruise tomorrow for me, my hubby and two boys ages 11 and 13 and I am trying to narrow down what section of the boat to stay on. I have never been on the Splendor before. I was interested in a spa package but hear mixed reviews about the rooms on that floor. Not sure I would be able to deal with the lack of privacy on the balcony on this deck. Some also complained of noise from the kids slide. Can you please help me make a decision? :) Thanks!

Spa rooms on the Splendor are very quiet. When are you sailing?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

You really have to weigh the value to you. We were on the Splendor for 48 days, in a SPA cabin on deck 10. We had 28 sea days; thus, we used the facilities a lot. We use the Thalasso pool and VIP area, we never paid for spa services. Being on deck 10, we didn't notice any noise and the balcony was covered.

If you have a port intensive cruise, then you would not get to spend much time in the spa and it might not be worth it. Another thought, since you have 2 kids, you can send them and your hubby to the spa for showering giving you more time in the bathroom. :D John

I didn't know there were spa cabins on deck 10. I thought it was 11, hence the reason the balcony isn't covered.

I would like to book Aug. 12 just not sure what room. Weighing my options for spa cabin versus regular balcony. If I don't do the spa cabin, I really don't know what area would be good.