Matching Outfits - Cheesy, I know! Need ideas though

tmusgrave

I'm sorry people are giving you a hard time. I didn't lose my father but I would like to make a comment about grief. My family lived overseas when I was growing up and when we moved back to the States, we had to leave everything behind - our home, our pets, our school, our friends, etc. It was very hard for us children and we were definitely mourning. The best thing we did was stop in Hawaii for two days because it was two days where we just had fun and didn't think about the future or what we lost.

Of course your friend and her kids will be sad for a long, long time, but I think giving them this break is wonderful. I'm surprised the teenagers want to dress up but if they are into it, then go for it! :)

What about a 70's or 80's theme?

Please be sure to let us know what your final decision is regarding the matching outfits. Sounds like a great idea to me. I think it's wonderful that you care so much about your friends to do this for them.:D

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I have tried and tried to convince the kiddos to do Hawaiian shirts and we could pass out leis (so mom and I could snicker to ourselves about everyone getting "leid" on a cruise :p). They weren't going for it....we might be able to salvage the idea with a "Tacky Tourist" theme. It was met with some excitement and giggles for a minute.

If anyone else has an idea, let me know!

Assuming the Ports will be new to some or all and in particular the kids .. How about a Where's Waldo or Dora the Explorer theme ... you could make up some before cruise geography games an make them familiar with where you are going and perhaps assign something to be found at the ports that all of you could look for .. a specific landmark or beach or whatever ...