Door decorating

MomofTheBoy

When we travelled at Christmas a few years ago we decorated our door with some paper Christmas ornaments which were really easy to slip into our bag. They were great to have as it made it easier for our then 4 year old to spot our door. Not sure if I would decorate your door birth a birthday theme for the whole cruise but a birthday banner might be nice for the one day. It seems that we learnt a bit about the people from their door decorations.

We cruised in March over my dh's birthday, which was our second day. While he was getting coffee that morning, my dd and I decorated the room and door. In the room I hung pop up lantern balls from the ceiling (they're flat and then pop out to be round) as well as a "Happy Birthday" banner on the wall at the end of the bed. For the door I couldn't find a good sign, but found a great large "Happy Birthday" gift bag. I just cut out one side and that was our door sign. We left it up all week and it was really easy for our three year old dd to find our room after that.

Whatever you bring, just remember tape and any string if you need to hang anything from the ceiling. Happy Birthday!

We are traveling next week for DH birthday on the 4th of July. I have a magnetic flag and red/white/blue streamers for the whole sailing. On the 4th --his actual b-day -- I am going to surprise him by adding a HB banner on the door and decorate the room plus his card and gift. He really won't expect anything so that makes it fun for me.

Doors are steel so anything magnetic works ! Many walls too

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I absolutely LOVE LOVE door decorations. We started cruising when my son was 2. He loved it!

On Carnival the doors we had were not magnetic so I used blue painters tape on things I put on the door. The wall beside the door is magnetic so I glued magnets on the back. I have also made a scrapbook page or used wall clings.

Disney the doors were magnetic. I cut up advertising magnets: Pizza Hut, old baseball/football schedules and super glued them to the back.

Have FUN!!

1214654259_Palmadoor.jpg.7cbc7e353febf914d40e0fe3f9dcfe2c.jpg

Palmadoorwbear.jpg.84cc94d066c5261e8d716eb3fa010784.jpg

Thanks everyone. Its a short 3 day since this is his first cruise didn't want to make it too long. Theme is the 41 - 4 birthday cruise! But even at this young age he loves his birthday and im just over the top yet budget friendly. Last year I blew up 36 balloons and put them on his floor (his room small so it covered all the floor space, happy bday sign on the door and hanging mickey heads on streamers where the door should have been. Needless to say I like to decorate lol. So now I know to bring magnets and painters tape. Any pics of your decorated doors helps the creative process for me.

You guys are the bees knees; I knew I came to the right place!!!

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

We decorated the door for our son's first cruise which was also over 4th of July. We got a vertical custom banner from a popular online party store and used Command hooks to attach it to the door. It fit perfectly and it wasn't very expensive. I think under $20 or close to it.

BTW, I love the 4-41 theme! Our days aren't together, but my son is turning 4 in a couple of weeks (14 days exactly, I'm holding on to 3 as long as possible!) and I already had my 41st a couple of months ago. Enjoy your bday cruise!

Thanks but im a single mom with sole custody and only the one on bc. No docs needee :) yes he came 9 days after my bday. Nurses and doctors kept trying to convince me to induce in time for us to have same bday. Nope didn't want to share my day lol

Hmm gonna look into the custom banner thing.