Capri vs Crop

Try them on in the restroom! I've never done it, but it's possible. I always end up purchasing, then bringing back!

Aaah, Thanks.

Why didn't I think of that? :D

Only problem with trying them on in the restroom is, many places do not allow you to take merchandise into the restrooms. Can't vouch for Costco but I do believe there is a sign stating as much in the wholesale club where I shop.

I have skinny legs and wide capris look terrible. I have a perfect width pair from H&M, but at the present time, there isn't one around here. I understand there will be one coming to Savannah. (They have to tear down a building first.)

Only problem with trying them on in the restroom is, many places do not allow you to take merchandise into the restrooms. Can't vouch for Costco but I do believe there is a sign stating as much in the wholesale club where I shop.

You're right about that as regards Costco too. I once, being desperate, tried on a pair of pants in the restroom but I had to buy them first and when they didn't fit, I had to go right to the Customer Service line and stand in line to return them. It's too much of a hassle for me to ever do that again. I just take stuff home and then if it doesn't fit go back and return it. We're at Costco grocery shopping as least once every two weeks so that's not a problem for me.

I'm taking a pair of skinny pants to the tailor at our local dry cleaning shop and having her crop them.

I've been hemming my own pants/clothes my whole life (my mom was an excellent seamstress). My 4 new pair of slacks I bought on Sunday had to all be hemmed at least 2" - took me all afternoon! And I married a short guy (5'5") so I'm always hemming shorts and pants for him (hmm, maybe that's why he married me...).

• 2 weeks later...

When I think of "capri" pants I think of Mary Tyler Moore in the Dick Van Dyke show ... but that isn't what they are calling capri's now a day. I think the ones at the ankle are unflattering to almost everyone and I seldom see them around town and if I am going to have pants that long I want regular length pants. I finally broke down and bought a pair of just below the knee jeans which turned out to be mid calf (the most unflattering length of all be it dress or pants) but they actually look much cuter that I was expecting when I roll them up to the proper below the knee length!

I found some fabulous capris today at SAMs Club. Bandolino jeans, Tatyana, extra stretchy, dark blue,with pockets. They're like wearing comfy yoga pants but in a jean capri.

I get all my capris and jeans at Sam's Club. Love the Bandolino brand. They sell these at Macy's for quite a bit more, unless you find them on sale.

When I think of "capri" pants I think of Mary Tyler Moore in the Dick Van Dyke show ... but that isn't what they are calling capri's now a day..........

For me, it's the quintessential, Audry Hepburn first and Mary Tyler Moore second.:) Kathy, where have you been, you've been MIA around here.:confused:

audrey-hepburn-capri.jpg

Trivia time.....capris were designed about 1948 and so called because they were first popular in Capri which was emerging as a European tourist destination around that time.