Capri vs Crop

I have not been paying attention! I did not know the difference between a capri and a crop. The capri ends a few inches below the knee and the crop ends a few inches above the ankle (at least on my 5'3" bod).

I went shopping for some jean capris for the summer but all I could find were cropped jeans. I found a cute pair of denim crops but could not find any capris. I'm happy with the crops because they're very light weight and probably have more occasions for wearing.

Btw, I also bought a new wardrobe for work and play, after my weight loss. Down three pant sizes. I'm a very happy girl!

I'm 5'3" too--I have a heck of a time finding crop or capri pants as most of them are too long and too wide in the leg.

I prefer crop pants to be shorter, just a little below the knee and fairly fitted; I don't like the high-water look of those that end nearer the ankle. It looks ok on the very tall and slim, but the proportions have to be just right to work on me.

For some reason petite size pants of any kind don't fit me right--I think the rise is too short, and I actually have fairly long legs for my height--as long as my 5'9" husband's legs.

I found some Gloria Vanderbilt crop pants that fit me well this year; bought them in two colors. It takes a lot of trying on to find shorts, capris or jeans that fit right!

I've always considered capris to be closer to the knee and crops to be closer to the ankle. Personally for me at 5'3.5", I find the most flattering length to be just above or below the knee. The mid calf just looks awkward on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always considered capris to be closer to the knee and crops to be closer to the ankle. Personally for me at 5'3.5", I find the most flattering length to be just above or below the knee. The mid calf just looks awkward on me.

Me too. That mid-calf look just cuts my leg in half, visually. I've always thought true capris were ankle length, (probably from back in the sixties) and crop pants were the mid-calf ones. Pedal pushers used to be just below the knee! Dating myself!

So far I've never found an ankle length that looks good on me and is actually ankle length and not way, way too big in the leg. I've come close with some of the skinny jeans, still a little long.

Me too. That mid-calf look just cuts my leg in half, visually. I've always thought true capris were ankle length, (probably from back in the sixties) and crop pants were the mid-calf ones. Pedal pushers used to be just below the knee! Dating myself!

So far I've never found an ankle length that looks good on me and is actually ankle length and not way, way too big in the leg. I've come close with some of the skinny jeans, still a little long.

I'm curvy too and that complicates things. I've found skinny jeans I can wear provided that I style them correctly. Dress pants are another story. I'd rather go swimsuit shopping than dress pant shopping.

Being short, I like the ones that come just below the knee whatever they are called. I feel even shorter in the ones that come right above the ankle. I think you need long, thin legs to carry off that look. Alas, my legs are neither long nor thin!

I find that being 5' 3.5" tall that it's just easier for me to buy capri or cropped pants. For some reason Gloria Vanderbilt jeans and capri pants fit me perfectly. I just recently bought some of her capri jeans in moss green, white, light denim, and dark denim for $12.99 at Costco. I'm wearing them on my upcoming Mexican cruise. I don't have a problem with wearing cropped pants that hit mid calf. My problem is usually when I try to buy regular length jeans. They're usually too long. It takes me forever to find ones that fit properly. I usually end up wearing higher heels so the pant leg doesn't drag on the floor.:eek:

Agreed, they should be "skinny", not wide leg. I just wish I could have found some capris but I guess it's the year of the crop, not the capri. Luckily I have longer legs than torso so the crops I got don't look like high waters.

Edited by Sandy Sails

I find that being 5' 3.5" tall that it's just easier for me to buy capri or cropped pants. For some reason Gloria Vanderbilt jeans and capri pants fit me perfectly. I just recently bought some of her capri jeans in moss green, white, light denim, and dark denim for $12.99 at Costco. I'm wearing them on my upcoming Mexican cruise. I don't have a problem with wearing cropped pants that hit mid calf. My problem is usually when I try to buy regular length jeans. They're usually too long. It takes me forever to find ones that fit properly. I usually end up wearing higher heels so the pant leg doesn't drag on the floor.:eek:

[b ] How can you try clothes on at Costco? The store near me doesn't have dressing rooms. I hate to buy clothes without trying them on. It's a nuisance to have to go back to return if they don't fit.

[/b]

[b ] How can you try clothes on at Costco? The store near me doesn't have dressing rooms. I hate to buy clothes without trying them on. It's a nuisance to have to go back to return if they don't fit.

[/b]

Try them on in the restroom! I've never done it, but it's possible. I always end up purchasing, then bringing back!

I use the phrase interchangably....most of my "crops/capris" are mid-calf.... I don't like the ones that come just above the ankle...they look like "high water" pants!

Yes, but you'll be ready for a flash flood! :D

LuLu

I'm at Cosco at the least every other week so it's not a problem for me to take things back. Also, I pretty much know that Gloria Vanderbilt pants and jeans fit me perfectly. I really don't buy too many clothing items at Costco. But whenever they have Gloria Vanderbilt jeans or capris...especially at $12.99...I grab them in every color, which is what I did recently. Her clothing is made of good quality fabric and are nicely made. I'm happy with my new capris and plan to take them on my cruise next month.:D

I heard about those Costco capris. I'm a member of Sam's Club instead - they had crops but not capris. I did find some jean shorts that ended just above the knee so I was happy about that.

I may have to find a Costco member to take me shopping!

I'm at Cosco at the least every other week so it's not a problem for me to take things back. Also, I pretty much know that Gloria Vanderbilt pants and jeans fit me perfectly. I really don't buy too many clothing items at Costco. But whenever they have Gloria Vanderbilt jeans or capris...especially at $12.99...I grab them in every color, which is what I did recently. Her clothing is made of good quality fabric and are nicely made. I'm happy with my new capris and plan to take them on my cruise next month.:D

Wish mine had them - do they fit the same as the jeans? cause I know my size in the Amanda jeans.

I heard about those Costco capris. I'm a member of Sam's Club instead - they had crops but not capris. I did find some jean shorts that ended just above the knee so I was happy about that.

I may have to find a Costco member to take me shopping!

I do well at Sam's Club, as well. I bought Limited ankle pants in FOUR different colors. They fit perfectly. All in all, I probably buy more clothes at Sam's. although in my area, people look down their noses at Sam's!!

Guess I'm the odd one out. I love the high water look! I have a pair of high waisted skinny jeans from Modcloth that I cuff up to be a few inches above my ankles for a rockabilly look. I'm a freak that's 5'2" with a 29 1/2" inseam though. My sister is 1" taller than me and her inseam is 26".

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/search?keyword=karaoke

They come in regular and plus sizes, in several colors and in full length, cropped, and shorts. I don't recommend the shorts though, the leg openings are way too big.

Edited by whataboutport

Those are nice! I wish I liked the skinny jean look on me but I much prefer straight or boot cut. I got a booty and thighs so the skinny leg cut looks horrible on me. But it's really in right now so it's difficult to find anything else.

I did have alot of luck on Sunday at Macys and found 4 pair of nice slacks for work - they were sort of boot cut.

Guest maddycat

Try Gloria Vanderbilt, Amanda jeans in regular short. I'm 5'3" and they fit me perfectly. The petites are too short. The regular short jeans are a little longer and also fit better in the body area. However, sizing is not consistant. When I go jean shopping I will bring in maybe a half a dozen pair of jeans to try on. They will all fit differently. Sears and Kohls both have the Amanda jeans and capris. Sears prices are usually better.

Try Gloria Vanderbilt, Amanda jeans in regular short. I'm 5'3" and they fit me perfectly. The petites are too short. The regular short jeans are a little longer and also fit better in the body area. However, sizing is not consistant. When I go jean shopping I will bring in maybe a half a dozen pair of jeans to try on. They will all fit differently. Sears and Kohls both have the Amanda jeans and capris. Sears prices are usually better.

Thanks for the tip. I'll check out Kohl's on the weekend.:D