I think they are getting crafty now... Half way through the Holland match today the Bath Rd Heathrow Premier Inn dropped the price of my next pre cruise stay on 21st Sep from £61 down to £29... Fortunately Mrs stevio who is not into the footie noticed it on her tablet, shot into action & booked it... She had actually checked the price twice already today & got lucky the third time.

I love it when a plan comes together.:D

Not that I'm a bit on the tight side or anything but my avatar is Alistair Sim as Scrooge.

yay....good deal...I didnt know that the prices fluctuated so wildly!...I have never seen an airport room for that low a price

thanks stevio great tip......I usually just logonto holidayextras and book at whatever price comes up at the time....know better now (thumbup):cool:

Oh well done Stevie. I booked Premier Inn at Gatwick for October cruise a couple of weeks for £35 and thought I had got a bargain :) Perhaps I should have waited until the footie was on :rolleyes::D

Actually £35 for Gatwick sounds a bit of a bargain, it cost me £45 for the start of this month & that price seemed to be available for one evening only... I used to like the old Premier inn at Gatwick, just 5 min walk away. But the newer one is just across the road from the North terminal & is surprisingly quieter than the old one. Even the rooms with the Gatwick shuttle right outside the window seem to be quiet.

yay....good deal...I didnt know that the prices fluctuated so wildly!...I have never seen an airport room for that low a price

thanks stevio great tip......I usually just logonto holidayextras and book at whatever price comes up at the time....know better now (thumbup):cool:

Fluctuate wildly, I'll say they do... I have been studying Premier Inn price trends for ages now & can categorically state that there is absolutely no pattern to them.... Other than if they are going to drop they normally do it around 18:00 Hrs.

At one point the cheapest place for my last Gatwick booking was on the Thomson Extras link... Thomsons doing bargain extras just didn't look right. :eek:

I actually got one for £29 a couple of year ago :) but last time paid £59 or thereabouts, so pleased with £35. We have an hourly coach service called The Airline from Oxford to Gatwick and our son will take us up to catch it in the evening, whereas he won't want to take us in the middle of the night, so that will save £10 for the taxi. We can put our cases in overnight too, so hopefully won't have to get up too early :)

We have stayed at the Airport Way hotel twice - really nice staff.

The first time we paid £5 for the shuttle and ended up a long way from the terminal doors, as it was the time when they were doing alterations to bus stops (When aren't they altering Gatwick? :rolleyes::rolleyes:) so might as well have walked ;)

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

Newcastle Airport Prem. Inn for my cruise is £43 for Premier Saver (cheapest) but £74 to stay the next evening!! Pleased that this year we don't need to stay overnight (2.30pm flight). We usually get it for £29 or £39.

We book the Ibis -Etap in Birmingham for the night before the cruises as we can travel to the airport free during the day on the bus pass, and the hotel is cheaper than the early morning taxi would be, and we can get there and relax in a bar or our room.