Need help with asia itenerary

uofaboie

Hi everyone i hope someone can help me with this.I was thinking about doing an austraila / new zealand cruise in 2016,,but ive decided to do an asia itererary.

ive found 2 that i like both on the sapphire princess ,,here are both iteneraries

03/06/-03/17/2016

Sinapore

Day at Sea

Ko Saumi Thailand

Bangkok Thailand

At Sea

Ho Chi Minh City

At Sea

Singapore

Penang Malay

Langkawi Malay

Kuala Lumpor Maly

Singapore

02/24-03/06/2016

Singapore

Brunei

At Sea

Nha Trang Vietnam

Ho Chi Minh City Viet

At Sea

Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Bangkok (Laem Chabang), Thailand

Ko Samui, Thailand

At Sea

Sinapore

any and all insight would be awesome :)

Hi everyone i hope someone can help me with this.I was thinking about doing an austraila / new zealand cruise in 2016,,but ive decided to do an asia itererary.

ive found 2 that i like both on the sapphire princess ,,here are both iteneraries

03/06/-03/17/2016

Sinapore

Day at Sea

Ko Saumi Thailand

Bangkok Thailand

At Sea

Ho Chi Minh City

At Sea

Singapore

Penang Malay

Langkawi Malay

Kuala Lumpor Maly

Singapore

02/24-03/06/2016

Singapore

Brunei

At Sea

Nha Trang Vietnam

Ho Chi Minh City Viet

At Sea

Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Bangkok (Laem Chabang), Thailand

Ko Samui, Thailand

At Sea

Sinapore

any and all insight would be awesome :)

Hiya uofaboie,

We are booked into your bottom cruise on a B2B on Sapphire over Christmas and New Year, and are really looking forward to it. When doing our homework we noticed that a few of the cities named by Princess are a long long way from the ports (sometimes 3 hours away).

What are you looking for on a cruise? Sea days, excursions, seeing a new culture? I ask because I think the Asian cruises are more about seeing a different culture from our own. Even though living in Australia we are in the Asia/Pacific region, cruising through Vietnam, Thailand and Indonesia is very different, language and culture wise, from Australia.

I know that Bangkok and KL are a ways from the port. HCM City can be depending on where you dock. We were there last year on the Ocean Princess and were only about 30 minutes from the city. The Ocean P is much smaller ship, so may be able to get further up the harbor or river.

As others have said some of the ports can be quite far. Bangkok is a good 2 hours from the port, although quite an interesting experience. The Grand Palace makes it worth the trip. We did the 17 day Grand Asia on the Diamond in 2013 and when it stopped at the port for Ho Chi Min City decided on a shorter excursion to Vung Tao which gave you alot of the local Vietnamese culture minus the 4 hours on the bus. Many others though wanted to experience Ho Chi Min for sentimental reasons. Nha Trang was terrific we took the ship's tour and enjoyed it very much, although the souvenier hawkers were very persistent. Each port was a cultural eye-opener. The people of Vietnam are absolutely enchanting, especially the children. You will be shocked at what you can fit on a motor scooter. Singapore is terrific! Make sure you add on a couple of days, if possible. The city has alot to do and all easy to do on your own. They have a fabulous mass transit system, all signs are in English. The architechture is amazing! Don't miss the National Orchid Garden (which also has fabulous food at their little food court). We only stopped for the day and we wished we had more time there. Embrace the difference and have fun.