Just booked the Windsurf! Any advice for a newcomer?

laughoutloud

It's done! :D Lisbon - Barcelona (Tangier, Marbella, Ibiza, Palma) 07/09/2006. Now the hard part: waiting! Do any of you good folk have any comments, tips, or dos & dont's that you want to pass along? I've been on 5 cruises (mass-market) but never the Mediterranean. Also, if anyone could let me know which ports/ marinas they arrive & which are docked vs. tendered, I would really appreciate it.

Maryann

It's done! :D Lisbon - Barcelona (Tangier, Marbella, Ibiza, Palma) 07/09/2006. Now the hard part: waiting! Do any of you good folk have any comments, tips, or dos & dont's that you want to pass along? I've been on 5 cruises (mass-market) but never the Mediterranean. Also, if anyone could let me know which ports/ marinas they arrive & which are docked vs. tendered, I would really appreciate it.

Maryann

If I recall correctly, all ports are docked - but this is no big deal. The Wind Star ships are all relatively small so even if you are tendered you do not have the long lines of the larger ships.

In Barcelona, you can take a double decker bus that will take you around the city and show you the sites. You can get off at any stop and catch a later bus. I forget the price but is was fairly inexpensive.

In Tangier, definitely take one of the tours. This is one city where you do not want to "be on your own".

In Ibiza, we walked around the city and had a great time. The "old city" or fort is very easy walking distance from the ship. The view from the top is fantastic.

In Portimao, we also went on our own. Make sure you stop in one of the restaurants to have the speciality of the city - fried sardines. We ate at Restaurante Kibom and it was fantastic.

Archived