Wait times for anytime dining on the Dream?

knmcashman

Just got off the Imagination a week ago and the wait time for dinner was 45 minutes one night and 30 minutes the next night. This was the first time we had Anytime Dining. We will be on the Dream in a couple of weeks and wondering if this wait time is normal on all the Carnival ships??

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just got off the Imagination a week ago and the wait time for dinner was 45 minutes one night and 30 minutes the next night. This was the first time we had Anytime Dining. We will be on the Dream in a couple of weeks and wondering if this wait time is normal on all the Carnival ships??

Simple way to put it... it could be.

Just like on land, if everyone shows up to a restaurant at the same time, you may see an extended wait time. There are only so many tables in the dining room and even with quick turnover, they can only seat on family or group at a time. If you go closer to the beginning or the end of the 5:45-9:30 time window, you may not even see a wait period.

Edited by Disconnections

I was on the dream last oct. and had no problem. Matter of fact on our first night we were seated in about five minutes and as fate has it we had a waiter that we had two years before on the pride. Hi name was ARDANA and I highly recommend you ask for him. You will be very happy with his service. We went to dinner every night around 5:45 to 6:15PM. The most we waited was 10 minutes. Also his wife is in the steak house and she waited on us. Same great service. I have to say do not miss the pasta bar restaurant above the lido deck,

and the Bar B Q on the lanai deck aft starboard side. You will love it.

We were on the Dream last summer and ate in MDR three times and had waits of 45 min on two of those nights and were seated immediately the other night. Went at roughly the same time (between 7 and 7:30).

so your dinner was longer then you wanted-----so what----what is the rush????when John and I have dinner out we call it dining instyle--and take our time--are not eating McDonalds--- so enjoy---we have enjoyed--61 cruises on Carnival and have all the time to eat dinner at a low pace-----Irene and John

so your dinner was longer then you wanted-----so what----what is the rush????when John and I have dinner out we call it dining instyle--and take our time--are not eating McDonalds--- so enjoy---we have enjoyed--61 cruises on Carnival and have all the time to eat dinner at a low pace-----Irene and John

I think you misunderstood my post. My wait time was to get INTO the restaurant not my actually time at the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by knmcashman

We were on the Dream in May and never had a wait time. We went around 6:15 or so each night and went right in and sat in the same section every night. Couldn't have been better.

Same for us on the Dream in December. Loved our waiter so we asked for the same section each night. Arrived around 6:15 and always got right in.

Nov. 2012 on the Dream we had such a horrible experience with ATD that we switched to late dining and never looked back. The bar in the Atrium was hard put to keep up with demand... we waited over an hour to get to the front, just to be handed a beeper and be told that it would be 45 minutes....

Never again.

This just proves my point. Swampbabe went to dinner around 7:00 or 7:15pm and the restaurant was filled from the 6::00 people. If you go the right time for the most part you will go right in. If you are going to wait that long you might as well take the second seating and you will go in with no wait.

I did a back-to-back 7 day Eastern/Western on the Dream. The first week was excellent and never had to wait more than 5 to 10 minutes if at all. We ate early most days from 6 to 6:15 pm.

The second week was totally opposite. Standing room into the atrium at 5:30 pm almost every night. 20-45 minute wait.

Both cruises had within 100 pax total count on-board. I know there was a partial crew change between two weeks but have no real answer why there was such a dramatic difference between both weeks. Age mix appeared to be similar.

We sailed January and the wait time was about 30 minutes no matter what time we went. You can speed up your seating time by making sure they know you are fine sitting with people you don't know or am willing to sit anywhere. Everyone seems to want to sit by them selves, and they ended up waiting much longer than we did. Just a tip, could be different but all of the days we ate in the MDR it was the same thing.

Gari hit it on the nose. Everyone that we talked to that had traditional dining times didn't have a wait. My party was for two, and we still had a lengthy wait. It really didn't matter to us, we were on vacation and had the cheers program. Lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

My suggestion would be to ask the Maître d' for the times that it gets slow he gave me several time slots were it was not as crowded.