Waterproof camera for snorkeling

bronxgal40

I bought a Nikon AW110 for our trip and it did quite well for both pictures and video..

was it difficult to take pictures while snorkeling? Can you see the screen to see what you are taking pictures of?

was it difficult to take pictures while snorkeling? Can you see the screen to see what you are taking pictures of?

I had no problems with seeing what I was shooting. It has a pretty large display for a camera its size. You could even hear the "beep" when you took the picture.

I bought a floating wrist strap to go with it which made it easy to hold on to..

I bought a Canon D20 and used it a lot on my last 2 snorkelling trips, and it was by far the best underwater camera I've used.

Not only does this take great underwater pics and movies, but the land pictures are excellent too. I didn't even take my good land camera on my last trip.

This is a great camera, and as long as you rinse it out with fresh water after each use then dry it real good before you open it, then dry the seals inside, it should last a long time. Just make sure you don't get any water inside the camera.

I understand they came out with a D30 but I really don't know how they could improve on the D20.

I bought a Canon D20 and used it a lot on my last 2 snorkelling trips, and it was by far the best underwater camera I've used.

Not only does this take great underwater pics and movies, but the land pictures are excellent too. I didn't even take my good land camera on my last trip.

This is a great camera, and as long as you rinse it out with fresh water after each use then dry it real good before you open it, then dry the seals inside, it should last a long time. Just make sure you don't get any water inside the camera.

I understand they came out with a D30 but I really don't know how they could improve on the D20.

The D20s are being highly discounted right now because of the new D30. You can get a D20 right now for $219 at Amazon versus $330 for a D30 or Nikon AW120 at $290.

I had no problems with seeing what I was shooting. It has a pretty large display for a camera its size. You could even hear the "beep" when you took the picture.

I bought a floating wrist strap to go with it which made it easy to hold on to..

Thanks- we are leaning toward the Nikon AW120. I appreciate your info.