why would carnival double charge me??

Maybe I'm reading it wrong. But the way I read it the OP used a credit card for his S&S card. But then used a debit card to pay off the balance. If that's the case I would think the "hold" would be on the credit card, not the debit card.

This is what I did and one of the reasons why I left the thread hanging. I work in the accounting department at a university so I kind of have knowledge of how money works. Now Im sorry if I didnt make that clear in the op. I called carnival and was told it was a mistake and they would fax my bank to get the charges off of my card. That seemed to be the solution and problem solved (even though I called tuesday they never faxed my bank.) I called them on it friday and saturday and after them telling me that they faxed it at 6pm on friday my bank got it at 10am saturday.

Now it wasn't a big deal because I have overdraft protection and my bank reconized it as a hold so my money was available. I love carnival and will sail again but this mistake and the wedding picture debacle left a bad taste in my mouth.

I will sail carnival again, without a doubt, because the wife loved it. We loved the wedding and ceremony and had a blast on the ship. The only issue was for these mistakes to happen at the end of the vacation when we knew we wouldn't be laying on the beach for a couple months lol. Makes it a bit hard to swallow.

Sorry for the long post and sorry for leaving this thread hanging (got caught up in married life).

This is what I did and one of the reasons why I left the thread hanging. I work in the accounting department at a university so I kind of have knowledge of how money works. Now Im sorry if I didnt make that clear in the op. I called carnival and was told it was a mistake and they would fax my bank to get the charges off of my card. That seemed to be the solution and problem solved (even though I called tuesday they never faxed my bank.) I called them on it friday and saturday and after them telling me that they faxed it at 6pm on friday my bank got it at 10am saturday.

Now it wasn't a big deal because I have overdraft protection and my bank reconized it as a hold so my money was available. I love carnival and will sail again but this mistake and the wedding picture debacle left a bad taste in my mouth.

I will sail carnival again, without a doubt, because the wife loved it. We loved the wedding and ceremony and had a blast on the ship. The only issue was for these mistakes to happen at the end of the vacation when we knew we wouldn't be laying on the beach for a couple months lol. Makes it a bit hard to swallow.

Sorry for the long post and sorry for leaving this thread hanging (got caught up in married life).

Glad to hear you got it straightened out. Too bad it took them so long to correct their mistake!

It's another lesson on using cash or credit cards and avoiding debit cards for S&S.

Sorry that happened to you. That's not a good way to end a great vacation. Hopefully it will get resolved quickly.

I have debit and credit cards, but prefer using cash for my sign & sail accounts. I feel more in control of what I spend on the ship by doing it that way.

Glad to hear you got it straightened out. Too bad it took them so long to correct their mistake!

It's another lesson on using cash or credit cards and avoiding debit cards for S&S.

No, not a lesson. It appeared to be a mix up from Carnival, not just the debit card part of the transactions. Things happen with credit cards too, so would that be a reason not to use one?