Quantum / Anthem experts needed

If you want an inside there is nothing wrong with those cabins. They will move less than higher decks. Since the other cabins on that deck are probably outside cabins that is pretty much the only options for those cabins.

jc

If you want an inside there is nothing wrong with those cabins. They will move less than higher decks. Since the other cabins on that deck are probably outside cabins that is pretty much the only options for those cabins.

jc

Other than the cabins facing the bow of the ship, deck 3 have the only ocean views onboard.

I was wondering more about what's around them.

Seems we're being very much left in the dark on the Quantum Of The Seas, launch/floating dates being constantly pushed back and huge swathes of the vessel plans still marked as "COMING SOON" hardy the mark of a professional operation.

This is so much of a concern that I have avoided booking accommodation on t's arrival after its maiden transatlantic voyage from Southampton, the likelihood of it not sailing on the 02/11/2014 increasing daily.

I hope my concerns are just that.

Seems we're being very much left in the dark on the Quantum Of The Seas, launch/floating dates being constantly pushed back and huge swathes of the vessel plans still marked as "COMING SOON" hardy the mark of a professional operation.

This is so much of a concern that I have avoided booking accommodation on t's arrival after its maiden transatlantic voyage from Southampton, the likelihood of it not sailing on the 02/11/2014 increasing daily.

I hope my concerns are just that.

Have they pushed back tomorrow's sailing of the Quantum from Meyer Werks?

I was on their web page yesterday and they were gung-ho

jc

Hi there jc!! Yes its moi!!! So are you going to be in London again with your lovely wife?

We are booked on the Anthem on the 1st June. Not doing inaugurals or maidens any more. Too much uncertainty and poor service. Staff running around like blue a**** flies"!!!!;);)

We have booked cabin 8248 and hoping for a lovely balcony. Been sailing Celebrity Eclipse lately and love the hump balconies.

Let you all be guinea pigs on the maidens and inaugurals. Hope June 1st doesn't turn out to be one of those!!!:D:D

Lots of love to you both.

Hi there jc!! Yes its moi!!! So are you going to be in London again with your lovely wife?

We are booked on the Anthem on the 1st June. Not doing inaugurals or maidens any more. Too much uncertainty and poor service. Staff running around like blue a**** flies"!!!!;);)

We have booked cabin 8248 and hoping for a lovely balcony. Been sailing Celebrity Eclipse lately and love the hump balconies.

Let you all be guinea pigs on the maidens and inaugurals. Hope June 1st doesn't turn out to be one of those!!!:D:D

You are a bad pony woman. I sent you several emails last year at this time as we were visiting JJ's land and Scotland and we spent a couple of days in London at the end. Then when you didn't reply I started thinking you were dead!!!!! Bad, Bad woman!!!!:eek:

Please send me an email so we can stay in touch!

We saw Matilda in the West End this year, very cute show.

We are booked two decks above you and looking for the exact same lovely balcony!!!

love to you and your mother as well. I am very very relieved.

jc

Have sent you an email. Never know what life is going to throw at you!!!

We are now country folk living in a village (well almost!!!). Not town and not quite country. Very nice though.

Be interesting to see what this balcony turns out to be. I like lower decks - just in case she rocks:eek::eek::D

Not too keen on dynamic dining if you have to book in advance on line. Not going to do it, but hopefully, we won't starve. Didn't starve on NCL.

Our cruise starts on 1st June which will be Mum's 100th birthday!!! Here's hoping all goes well. She hates parties, so this might suffice!!!

Hi all.

Does anyone have any information on any dining packages available on the Quantum, Anthem?

I've looked through the FAQ on the website but obviously this class isn't mentioned.

For dinner they are doing dynamic dining. That means (apparently) that there is no Main Dining Room (MDR). Instead there are multiple dining venues each with their own menu and style. Some of the dining rooms are complimentary and some are an additional cost. The cheapest charge restaurant is $20, the next is $25 then $35, then $45 and finally $85 for the Chef's table (all are Per Person PP). I have booked a few meals, but I don't think it is a good idea to do this since you can not yet book entertainment. So, I have gone on hiatus of booking dining.

jc

Hi all.

Does anyone have any information on any dining packages available on the Quantum, Anthem?

I've looked through the FAQ on the website but obviously this class isn't mentioned.

This is the only dining package I can find on those ships.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/dining_discount_packages.pdf

This is the only dining package I can find on those ships.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/dining_discount_packages.pdf

Thanks for that.

I'm trying to sort dining for a cruise. Dynamic dining is difficult, I don't know what I'm having for dinner tomorrow, never mind next June!

Can someone help me with this question.

A first night pay restaurant gets a 20% discount.

Pay restaurant bookings get discounts 20% for 3, 25% for 4 and 30% for 5 bookings.

Are they combinable I.e. If I book 5 pay restaurants including a first night booking will I get 20% of the first night AND 30% off the total?

Thanks in advance,

Thanks for that.

I'm trying to sort dining for a cruise. Dynamic dining is difficult, I don't know what I'm having for dinner tomorrow, never mind next June!

Can someone help me with this question.

A first night pay restaurant gets a 20% discount.

Pay restaurant bookings get discounts 20% for 3, 25% for 4 and 30% for 5 bookings.

Are they combinable I.e. If I book 5 pay restaurants including a first night booking will I get 20% of the first night AND 30% off the total?

Thanks in advance,

From what I've been told, yes. Until we start sailing nothing is for sure as they are changing plans and finalizing details all the time.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm new to RC so I was surprised they charge straight away for bookings. Puts a hold on any I can make because pay day is still a week away.

What's the policy re: changing times days etc. I'm pretty sure some of my plans will change when the entertainment is available to book.

Any restaurant you book, whether it is complimentary or a fee charged and you decide later on you need to change the date or time, you should have no problem rescheduling. Depending on when you decide to make that change, you may not be able to get the same time or day as those time slots may be booked.

The document below was created by another poster named Brian, which I found to be helpful.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8K45qWkduXcc190WU5GcGRQZE0/edit?pli=1

• 10 months later...

Hi, I was wondering how you liked cabin 8248 on Quantum/Anthem? Do you have pictures of re balcony? Was it a larger balcony as expected? Thanks in advance

Hi - loved the cabin, the location and the very large, deep, balcony. However, it does have the hangover. We loved it as we don't like the direct sun. If sun did hit it, we could sit well back and get into shade.

The cabin was very quiet and there were two loungers with two footstools. The table on the balcony is seriously tiny:D

There is no table in the cabin.

Breakfast was delivered in a plastic box, which made us laugh. We put this on the sofa.

The ship is gorgeous and the service excellent. Food was fine. I did reserve 7.00pm every night in the different restaurants, but didn't bother after the third night. Just walked up whenever we liked and never had to wait. Preferred Silk as it was much quieter - probably due to all the hangings etc.

However, we wouldn't travel on this class again, as it was just too busy for us and too much walking - always seemed to need to be at the other end of the ship!! But we are oldies.

The Solarium was lovely - our favourite place on the ship.

The Windjammer was also just too large for us to negotiate - especially as we like breakfast on the aft deck.

The Concierge Lounge was very nice - but it was just too far from the elevator

for us. The Diamond Lounge was fine, but very crowded.

Loved the roast beef in 270 - and the salads were great. Spectra's Cabaret was very good as was the Gift. Not a Queen fan at the best of times and thought We will Rock You was just OK.

We are not sun people either so the shade sounds lovely. The solarium is always my favorite spot on the ship. I agree with you on We Will Rock You. We saw it before and thought it was just ok so I would not see it again on the ship. Thanks for all the tips and info.

• 7 months later...
Hi, I was wondering how you liked cabin 8248 on Quantum/Anthem? Do you have pictures of re balcony? Was it a larger balcony as expected? Thanks in advance ��

How did the 8248 balcony work out? We just found 13248 has become available for our cruise, and we're wondering if we should try to switch rooms. The balcony looks HUGE in the diagram, but is that accurate?

We're currently booked on deck 10. Also wondering if we'll feel too much motion on deck 13. It's never bothered us before (even in aft rooms), but we're reading a lot of posts about people feeling the motion of Anthem more than other ships.

We'd love feedback from anyone who has stayed in these Anthem hump rooms!!!