Villefranche Taxi

bee-ess

Can anyone tell me the price of a taxi for 4 from Villefranche port to Monaco. I know that train or bus are a cheaper option but as we don't arrive in Villefranche until mid-morning plus tender time we want to maximise our time in Monaco.

We don't want a tour just the taxi ride there and I guess we will get a separate one back rather than have the first one pick us up.

Thanks

Edited by bee-ess

There are two parts to my answer. The first question (you did not ask) is will you even be able to get a taxi in Villefranche and our answer is "maybe." Perhaps there will be some taxis, and perhaps there will be no taxis! No way to know as it depends on whether the area taxi drivers decide if they want to sit around a café and sip café au lait, or whether they want to work. If you do get a taxi expect to pay 50-60 Euros one-way. I should add that if you simply take the local bus (the #100) it will cost you about 3 Euros round trip!

Hank

Thanks Hank for your reply - must admit I didn't really consider that there may not be a taxi available, guess we will have to use the bus or train if not. We don't arrive until 10 then there is the tender process, we just thought that a taxi may be the quickest way to Monaco.

Agree that a taxi would be the fastest. So now you can think in terms of 2 backups (the #100 Bus or the train) in case the taxis live up to their reputation (not sure French taxis are even worthy of any reputation). We have found Paris taxis to be perfectly fine, and the G7 Taxis (in Paris only) even have an English speaking number and will show-up right on time. But outside of Paris we sometimes think that the drivers have taxis as a hobby (not a job) and they work when they please (and do as they please).

Hank

Hi

We are arriving in villefranche and want to take either a train or bus to Monaco. Are the bus depot/ train station easy to find and can we walk there from our ship drop off point? Also how long does the journey take? Thanks for your help.

JJ

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi

We are arriving in villefranche and want to take either a train or bus to Monaco. Are the bus depot/ train station easy to find and can we walk there from our ship drop off point? Also how long does the journey take? Thanks for your help.

JJ

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, you can walk to either bus or train (lots of steps to get up to the station) as long as you have no mobility issues. The train takes about 20 min to get to Monte Carlo, but you might have to wait a half hour for the next train. The #100 bus runs more often but also takes a little longer. We do often recommend the bus because you get to see more the area from a bus window (the trains do a lot of the route in and out of tunnels) and it is less expensive then the train. The bus stops in Monte Carlo can also be more convenient for many folks.

Hank