new itinerary for Grand in 2006!

39august

Has anyone noticed the new Grand itinerary starting Nov. 2006? Is is far better than the current one. It is all day in Belize, Roatan (yea a new port!), and Costa Maya, and 10AM-6 PM in Cozumel. We just received notice of the change for the Grand sailing Dec. 3 of this year yesterday, but I had already been researching the 2006 itinerary. We've decided to move our 2005 booking to Dec. 2, 2006. Now, by Monday, I hope my favorite mini-suite is still available!

Roatan was one of our favorite ports. But, beware of those who are offended by extreme poverty, and simplicity of life. There are no jewelry and perfume shops here, only the most friendly people around. I look forward to going again.........with Princess this time.

Correction: It's 10-6 in Costa Maya, and full day in Cozumel. The long time in Belize City is especially needed, as you really have to go a rather long way on a tour to see ruins, river cruise, nature hike and cave tubing, etc. Or to go to one of the Cayes, the closest of which is Caye Caulker, about a 40 minute water taxi ride.The only really shorter tours that would interest me, I've already done, such as visit the Belize zoo, which is really an animal refuge and about 40 minutes from Belize City, or do a dive or snorkel tour. I've wanted to go to Roatan for years, but only NCL and Carnival were going there.

Cool - I'm glad to hear about Roatan - I have been wanting to Dive there. Cayman will be missed though :(

Thanks for posting that tidbit!

Roatan snorkeling is great - I'm sure diving's even better. At least you won't have to tender. Unfortunately, GC is often missed because seas too rough for tenders.

Archived