Freedom Cabin 9203 Information

sunluver0101

I just used the search at the top of this page. Someone wrote it was an interior obstructed view? Said it was a handicap cabin, has forward facing windows, a railing. Be careful at night, people can see in, has a nearby observation area good when coming and going from a port. All I know is what the brief description said. It was a brief review of your cabin on Freedom.

I just used the search at the top of this page. Someone wrote it was an interior obstructed view? Said it was a handicap cabin, has forward facing windows, a railing. Be careful at night, people can see in, has a nearby observation area good when coming and going from a port. All I know is what the brief description said. It was a brief review of your cabin on Freedom.

I just saw the deck plan, it sounds fancier than the above description.:confused:

9202 and 9203 on Carnival Freedom are both grand suites...just did a mock booking for April 2016, a 7-day cruise for 2, and the cost is $6000.00 including taxes and fees but not including insurance and gratuities.

Funny - I did the same mock booking :)

OP, wondering if a Google seaech would yield better results for you :)

Sent from my phone. Typos are inevitable.

Please tell me about this cabin if you have stayed in it. Surprising wife with the upgrade and would like more information than on Carnival web site to do further planning. Celebrating a special birthday year for her.:)

So nice you got back to us:rolleyes:

I believe these cabins are mainly upsells. I have wondered what the going rate is for them on the upsell calls - surely less than the $5K supplement through a direct booking.

I believe these cabins are mainly upsells. I have wondered what the going rate is for them on the upsell calls - surely less than the $5K supplement through a direct booking.

There are threads on here from people who booked them outright. I wish!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

That explains why there was such a difference in the review I read:)

Yes - the cabins in the front of the lido deck used to be numbered 9201, 9202 and 9203. I was in 9203 - which was an inside with a window looking out onto the 'secret' deck - it was also a handicap room. When I look through my cruise history, it states I stayed in cabin 9203 - Captain's Suite ... LOL - I wish!!

Just off Freedom and Captains Suite 9202. During dry dock they actually added a few rooms between the Captains Suites which have no balcony, but large floor to ceiling windows. There is a walkway for maintence crew in front of windows, but no one was ever on it. The Captains Suite has the windows(two) and a huge balcony that juts out so the entire ship can see you! The suite has a separate bedroom with tv, and 2 bathrooms. The living area had a pull out sofabed and a pullman. There was just 3 of us and it was awesome. A word of advice: if you have a curling iron it will not plug into any of the outlets(due to the ground). The Carnival deck plans are not up to date. Any questions, I'll try and answer.

Just off Freedom and Captains Suite 9202. During dry dock they actually added a few rooms between the Captains Suites which have no balcony, but large floor to ceiling windows. There is a walkway for maintence crew in front of windows, but no one was ever on it. The Captains Suite has the windows(two) and a huge balcony that juts out so the entire ship can see you! The suite has a separate bedroom with tv, and 2 bathrooms. The living area had a pull out sofabed and a pullman. There was just 3 of us and it was awesome. A word of advice: if you have a curling iron it will not plug into any of the outlets(due to the ground). The Carnival deck plans are not up to date. Any questions, I'll try and answer.

Can you share what the motion was like that far forward? Was the room especially warm given the size of the windows? Can you control the temp? I'm not fortunate enough to be booked in the Captain's Suite but I do have one of the only two grand scenic rooms booked, which are new as well. Any thoughts on those? Did you enjoy your cruise?

We stayed in 9207, booked it as a guarantee balcony cabin and we got really lucky. Couldn't feel much motion after the first night, that was when we left during a tropical depression. But we LOVED being on the lido deck, it was so convenient to everything! We had a view into the bridge from our balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can you share what the motion was like that far forward? Was the room especially warm given the size of the windows? Can you control the temp? I'm not fortunate enough to be booked in the Captain's Suite but I do have one of the only two grand scenic rooms booked, which are new as well. Any thoughts on those? Did you enjoy your cruise?

We had calm seas, but I think it was the least motion I have ever noticed. I never even thought about it until you asked. The room has electric blinds that you can put at whatever level you want. During the day we kept them 3/4 open and was never warm. At night they have to be closed due to interfering with the ships navigation. There are two thermostats, one in living area and one in the bedroom. The bedroom never seemed to get as cool as the other areas of the cabin, but never felt uncomfortable. We never got to see in the scenic rooms, but I heard some ooohs and aaahs from people in the hallways when they entered the rooms. The cruise was very relaxing and there is little to no foot traffic in this area. You will love this area of the ship!

Edited by rxnrn