Crown and Anchor High Five

I see a lot of complaints about things not going quite right. However I want to give a big shout out to the Crown and Anchor Ambassador - Joan - who really went the extra mile in resolving my problem. In a nut shell, I just returned from a cruise in Panama in April. Prior to taking this cruise I was Emerald with 59 points. We were in a JS so I knew we would get 14 more points, bringing us to a total of 73 (YES!!! one more 7 night cruise and we would finally make diamond.)

You can imagine my dismay upon checking my status a few months later when those cruise points from April were finally added and I say a new number 66. On no, what happened. So I sent an email to Crown and Anchor. Bad idea. After waiting sometime I received a response that made no sense. So I picked up the phone explained everything to Joan and when she looked into our account she said that someone combined my sons points to my husbands and then realized they made a mistake and corrected it. Now it is right.

Huh?? But now a whole week's cruise was missing and it was one from a very long time ago - vanished - gone. I was sad. I then told Joan I know I have emails somewhere from long ago that showed my status and my points etc... would this help? She said yes. Send them all to me - but it's going to take a while because its a group email box and by the time they sort and it gets to her it will be 2-3 days later. Okay. So I sent several emails - dating back as far as 2009 all giving point history.

It's been a week. I haven't heard from Joan. I checked the website. What do you think I see??? Yes. My 73 points. Thanks Joan for the great service. Thanks for resolving this issue. It may not sound like a big deal to all you big Ds and D+s but to us newbies who have been cruising so hard to get so close, it meant a lot. Thanks again Royal!

Print off the web page showing your points. I print them off and update after each cruise. Or take a screen shot and save it.......never know when you have to prove your POINTS!!:)

Also, have all our Sea Pass Cards and a copy of each cruise document as further proof. One big crash of their computer system and it could be messy.......

Edited by CVU

Print off the web page showing your points. I print them off and update after each cruise. Or take a screen shot and save it.......never know when you have to prove your POINTS!!:)

Also, have all our Sea Pass Cards and a copy of each cruise document as further proof. One big crash of their computer system and it could be messy.......

With any other company I would say your going a little overboard with the dooms day scenario. But then I remember the glorious IT department Royal has working for them, and hope that would be a nightmare when that does happen!