Bayonne cruise terminal

pema

Are there any helpful hints that you may share as to the logistics of parking the day of sailing?

I read somewhere that my husband can drop me off with our luggage while he takes the car to the parking area

Please advise

Thanks

Are there any helpful hints that you may share as to the logistics of parking the day of sailing?

I read somewhere that my husband can drop me off with our luggage while he takes the car to the parking area

Please advise

Thanks

Very easy to park. You will pull up to the big tents were the porters will take your luggage (and be looking for tips) and you can wait right there. Your husband will drive maybe 500 foot and will be directed to the parking lot where he will park and walk over and meet you. In May of this year took no more than 5 minutes. Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Very easy to park. You will pull up to the big tents were the porters will take your luggage (and be looking for tips) and you can wait right there. Your husband will drive maybe 500 foot and will be directed to the parking lot where he will park and walk over and meet you. In May of this year took no more than 5 minutes. Have a great cruise!

Thanks for the information...when & where do we pay?

Thanks for the information...when & where do we pay?

you pay before parking cash or credit card i heard that parking has gone to $20 a day but it is a bargain compared to New York.

you pay before parking cash or credit card i heard that parking has gone to $20 a day but it is a bargain compared to New York.
Are there sniffer dogs at this point? One thing I hated was that in NYC, the dog would be instructed to jump in the back of expensive SUV's etc. I wasn't so concerned with the car I brought but certainly don't care to have light scratches added by this process which it did. :(

It really couldn't be easier. Just follow the road. You'll come to the drop off tents first, where you check your luggage with the porters, then you drive around to the parking lot. You pay at the entrance booth, then park. Then, you walk back over to the tents to check in (it is a very short walk).

We've done this several times now, and it's so convenient and easy!

(no sniffer dogs)

Here is a great video:

Note that this person is traveling from the NJ Tpke. Drivers coming from the opposite direction (Staten Island/Bayonne Bridge) would be making a right turn to enter the road to the port. The signage coming from that direction isn't as clearly marked with such a large sign, so you need to look more closely so don't miss the turn.

Edited by DonnaK

We sailed out of Bayonne June 1 for the first time and it couldn't be easier. The signs getting there were a bit confusing but the porters were great. Ours was even singing. When returning the porter loaded all our stuff on a cart and trotted it out to our car in the parking lot. And I mean trotted. We could hardly keep up. We laughed on the way home on how fast it was from ship to car to NJ Tpk.

Really? So the money you savethe.pump, you pay the guy in a tip?

I don't tip unless they wash my windows which rarely happens nowadays, just passing this on so people don't get out and try and pump their own gas.

Edited by dkjretired

At $19 per day they must at least clip the nails of the K-9's
Clipped, I am sure. But when a four legged animal that stands and walks on dirty concrete jumps up on your painted bumper or hops on your bumper into the rear of your SUV, light scratches in the clear coat are possible. Aside from the fee, only thing I didn't like about parking at the pier.