Gem after dry dock...what will be new?

bonniboo1

I just got off the Gem earlier this month and am booked for the end of May in a PH Suite. I have read that the Suites will be redone. What else? Will O'Sheehans replace the Blue Lagoon? Any other changes during dry dock?

Thanks,

Bonni

I just got off the Gem earlier this month and am booked for the end of May in a PH Suite. I have read that the Suites will be redone. What else? Will O'Sheehans replace the Blue Lagoon? Any other changes during dry dock?

Thanks,

Bonni

No one really knows until they complete the Dry Dock, but I believe you will see O'Sheehan's replace the Blue Lagoon, Moderno Moved, Mojito bar set up at least...

http://www.ncl.com/next

Dry Docks

What began with the addition of luxurious suites, studios for solo travelers, new restaurants and more on Pride of America in Hawaii will continue on a total of 8 Norwegian ships from 2013-2015. From beautiful new staterooms to the transformation of public spaces and from fresh paint, carpet and furnishings to overall important fleet maintenance, we're making sure our ships are in the very best shape.

Edited by Got Tequila?

What areas are being replaced by the suites?

Nothing. No new suites on the Gem. Expect the same updates as the Jewel. Star Bar and Cagney's annex become Moderno and Sugar Cain Mojito Bar. O'Sheehans replaces Blue Lagoon and old Moderno space. New photo gallery. Carpet refresh in suites. Etc.

Nothing. No new suites on the Gem. Expect the same updates as the Jewel. Star Bar and Cagney's annex become Moderno and Sugar Cain Mojito Bar. O'Sheehans replaces Blue Lagoon and old Moderno space. New photo gallery. Carpet refresh in suites. Etc.

Does that mean Moderno will be sharing Cagney's kitchen facilities?

Were the mini suites carpets and furniture refreshed on the Jewel? We are going on the Dec.1st. Gem cruise. Love, love, love the Gem-fourth year in a row sailing on her.

Anyone know if any new slot machines were added to the Jewel? Figure if they upgraded the carpeting and Haven suites on Jewel maybe they will do the same to the Gem.