Golf club storage

pseudoswede

Who has taken golf clubs onto a Disney ship? How is storage space for such a large object? We have booked a standard cabin with verandah (Cat 5C) on Disney Magic. They will not be used during the cruise at all.

You can put them under the bed on the Magic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They will fit under the bed on all ships. You might need to lift the bed frame to slide them under as there is a ridge right at the edge of the bed frame (or there was before the re-imagining). You can stand them in the closet, but as you noted, that would take a lot of space.

Thanks for the prompt replies. Hopefully the bed will be able to fit the golf clubs and 2-3 suitcases. If not, I'm sure the closet can be used as a backup. We aren't light packers, but we also don't take everything in our house.

Can you "nest" any of your empty suitcases inside each other? That's another good way to save space after you unpack. With a little care, you can fit a lot under the bed.

Also...I realize there are those who find this inappropriate, but you can take the life jackets off the top shelf and place then under the bed. The top shelf can then be used for storage. Or at the very least, you can stack the life jackets (2 will fit on the shelf, one on top of the other) and have half of the shelf to use. I'm honestly not concerned about the life jackets under the front edge of the bed as long as I and everyone else in the room knows where they are.

Stateroom hosts have to check the location of lifejackets each and every day and for YOUR safety should be kept in one place all the time. I personally wouldn't want to use a lifejackets stored under a bed, in an emergency I do not get a choice but DCL do not compromise on security and hosts should place life jackets back in the correct place, as if their supervisor finds them in the wrong location they will be told off.

Stateroom hosts have to check the location of lifejackets each and every day and for YOUR safety should be kept in one place all the time. I personally wouldn't want to use a lifejackets stored under a bed, in an emergency I do not get a choice but DCL do not compromise on security and hosts should place life jackets back in the correct place, as if their supervisor finds them in the wrong location they will be told off.

The first time we moved the life jackets, we asked if it was OK--they said no problem as long as WE knew where they were and could get to them quickly in an emergency. We've often moved them since then and never had them "replaced" by a stateroom host. Frankly, if you have children or a shorter adult, the top closet shelf may well be too high for them to reach. Yes, we do always return them to the shelf on the last night.

I've never been told that I couldn't move ANYTHING in my stateroom after we've checked in. We don't use the wave phones, so they are immediately placed in the desk drawer. When they had the propeller clocks with the notice that if it "disappeared" or was broken, we'd be charged, we also put it away safely. You can move the coffee table or even ask your host to remove it from the room.

The point of the lifejacket is that each member of your group can access it quickly and easily in an emergency. That may not be possible on the top closet shelf. I don't know whether the stateroom host must check them daily (they do check them between guests). However, I suspect that if moving them were not permitted, we would have been notified of this policy long ago.

Worst case scenario, store them in the shower and just lay them on the bed when you need the shower.

Not sure where you're planning on playing, but unless it's every day, I'd leave them at home and just rent clubs. My husband played in Cozumel, he rented clubs and said they were fine.

Worst case scenario, store them in the shower and just lay them on the bed when you need the shower.

Not sure where you're planning on playing, but unless it's every day, I'd leave them at home and just rent clubs. My husband played in Cozumel, he rented clubs and said they were fine.

OP said they weren't using them while cruising, but apparently they'll be golfing before their cruise.

Unless you can put one suitcase inside the other (as previously mentioned) only two suitcases will fit under the bed.

You can stand the golf bag next to the sofa, against the wall. It will be out of the way there.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, you'll figure it out when you get there.

Once in a while, although NOT guaranteed, your stateroom host might be able to take your luggage and store it during the cruise.

If you must know...

My in-laws will be flying in from Sweden, and we will be celebrating Christmas and New Year's in south Florida after our cruise. We plan on playing golf a few times. They will be renting clubs; but, since we will only be taking 2-3 suitcases, I will use our extra baggage allowance to take my golf clubs. They will also most likely not arrive prior to our departure on the cruise, so I will have to keep my clubs in my cabin. In the off-chance that they do arrive prior to our cruise departure, I will keep them at the rental house instead of cruise ship.

I'm a low-handicap, and I'm very picky with the clubs I use. I also need every advantage I can get when I play against my in-laws. :D

The sofa idea sounds great, too. Thanks for that.

Edited by pseudoswede

I'm sure you've probably seen the layout of the rooms, but just in case I have one here.

Some of the rooms have "golf bag" space next to the sofa, some have it next to the desk. You also might be able to stand a bag or two in the closet.

If you weren't worried about bumping your head, you could ask the stateroom host to pull down the ceiling bed and store the golf bags (and/or suitcases) up there. Lots of ideas!

magic_zpsc01dae9d.jpg

Great advice above about the storage space next to the couch!

Only thing I can add is maybe a bungy cord to hold them tight together and prevent any rattling against each other as she rolls side to side?

ex techie

I'm willing to lay down a $100 bet right now, that you don't play golf. ;);)

I KNOW I can win this one. LOL

Golf clubs have covers on them. And most "travel" golf bags zip shut at the top.

Come on, take the bet.....:D:D:D

But your idea was great IF they don't have covers or a bag that closes.

Edited by MizDaisy

I'm willing to lay down a $100 bet right now, that you don't play golf. ;);)

I KNOW I can win this one. LOL

Golf clubs have covers on them. And most "travel" golf bags zip shut at the top.

Come on, take the bet.....:D:D:D

But your idea was great IF they don't have covers or a bag that closes.

I will have you know that I used the golf driving range exactly 17 times in two months!

(But that was back in 1996 and I got bored).... ;)

ex techie

I will have you know that I used the golf driving range exactly 17 times in two months!

(But that was back in 1996 and I got bored).... ;)

ex techie

LOL...that's more than I've done!! My daughter golfed for a long time, so we had the clubs and the whole shebang. They quit letting me drive the golf cart because I'm a danger to small animals. :eek:

LOL...that's more than I've done!! My daughter golfed for a long time, so we had the clubs and the whole shebang. They quit letting me drive the golf cart because I'm a danger to small animals. :eek:

lol! :eek: lol!

ex techie

If you weren't worried about bumping your head, you could ask the stateroom host to pull down the ceiling bed and store the golf bags (and/or suitcases) up there. Lots of ideas!

I don't think either of my kids would appreciate having to share a bed with a golf bag! :D