Carnival after cruise care.

Jeffrey1950

I am sorry that you received poor customer service. It was rude of the person to not take your concern seriously enough to at least pretend to write it down.

Thanks for the heads up about the pirate though. You might have saved me an assault charge. If startled, I strike first and ask questions later. Been that way my whole life, but now I have enough training to do damage. Do they do the pirate thing every night or only on a certain day?

Strike first ay? Even if it was a carnival cruise staff member or child huh? Maybe a geriatric?

Strike first ay? Even if it was a carnival cruise staff member or child huh? Maybe a geriatric?

I've never had a child truly sneak up on me. Usually they are snickering about to do it and it's our job as adults to act surprised. My brother on the other hand was great at jumping out at random times and I had some good reflexes then. I am not talking slightly startled either. I am talking "pulling me out of my deep own little world" (whether that be reading an intense book or deeply in conversation to the point I don't focus on the rest of the world) kind of startling. I have a feeling that if someone startled me while I was eating dinner by putting a knife to my neck (fake or otherwise), they would be greeting the next few tables talking a couple of octaves higher.

I don't think the pirate is that big of a deal. sure, you have the right to call and complain or mention that you didn't like it. If that's the biggest complaint of an entire vacation, I personally think it's great.

Now....when you call in to customer service and complain, sometimes common sense is met with common sense. Sometimes not. Perhaps the agent was rude, perhaps he/she was not. I don't know. But I wouldn't judge an entire company on one bad experience, especially if I had just had a great experience.

If you say you have a heart condition, something so serious that you could be startled and go in to cardiac arrest, then yes, carnival would be aware or should be aware of it.

I too have been startled by the pirate coming up behind me. I did not see him approaching from behind. For some reasons, the eyes in the back of my head missed him lol.

...I'm going to assume that by the title of your post "Carnival after cruise care" that you're more annoyed about the way the Carnival rep handled you call more than the Pirate with the toy knife.

...We all know that calling any Carnival rep is hit and miss. But, that's not an excuse. Contacting a representative of ANY company should be a positive and professional experience. But, I can only imagine the expression on that rep's face when the guy on the other side of the phone is calling about "how the dressed up pirate with the plastic knife scared him." Yes, the rep should have been professional about the way he or she handled the call, but maybe we should cut the rep some slack on this one.

...If I'm wrong, and it is actually the fact that the pirate's actions were not "amusing" to you, I'd say, just let it go. It's all in fun. You'll know for next time that there could be a pirate, a showgirl, or perhaps a life-sized elephant made from a towel that may come up to you for a picture during dinner. It's all just part of the Carnival fun.

BRAVO on this reply.

I couldn't agree more. Customer service should always be 100% but in reality, it's not. You were overreacting and he was under reacting.