Wind Spirit in Tahiti - week of June 20th

philminn

Just back from the Tahiti cruise on Wind Spirit. Great trip, great weather, beautiful islands, great food, and great snorkeling. Exhausting flights to get there.

I submitted a long cruise review today - hope it gets published in the next couple of days.

My long cruise review was posted in Wind Spirit cruise reviews today.

We did the stingray/shark and snorkel excursion in Moorea, the drift snorkel in Tahaa'a, the pearl farm and snorkel in Raiatea, the 4x4 land rover in Bora Bora (1st day), the stingray/shark and snorkel in Bora Bora (2nd day), and we DID the Huahine Motu Picnic! The Motu picnic was a blast! Wonderful day, including snorkeling on both sides of the motu, and a delicious picnic lunch IN THE WATER!

The only thing we missed that we would have liked to include was a visit to a vanilla bean plantation. Buying Tahitian vanilla beans to bring home as gifts to people was to us way too expensive - we opted for vanilla and coconut cookies instead.

Several people we met had flown to the islands a few days early and stayed in over the water bungalows, where I think you can snorkel from your own deck! We would have liked more time in the water snorkeling.

I am sitting on the deck of my over water bungalow at the Hilton right now. We board the ship tomorrow. It is so unbelievably beautiful here. Can't wait for the next part of our vacation!

We will be there in September. 3 days at the Hilton in OWB and then on the Windspirit very excited. Share your adventure with all of us.