Glory?????

tcowgs21

Is there anything good about the Glory. I have been reading all the reviews and there is so much negative feedback I am starting to get a little nervous that I booked her. We are leaving Nov 1. Was very excited and now not so sure. I am not new to carnival. I have sailed the pride a couple times, the destiny, and the dream. So really just wondering if it's really that bad.

I too was looking at all the negatives, will be on her over Thanksgiving. A lot of the negatives were from seasoned cruisers. I realize everyone has different things they look at to value a cruise, cannot get a handle on this ship. I just have to wait and experience for myself.

Off the Glory for the 3rd time last month and I loved it (as usual). The new menus are great, it has Serenity and the 2.0 upgrades. Only thing I don't like is the Playlist shows and the Hasbro Game Show. But you're going to find those on any ship with the upgrades.

Eversen the Cruise Director is hilarious. My face seriously hurt so much from smiling and laughing!

The ship itself is well taken care of and was always clean. I haven't read any of the reviews lately so I don't know what they say. I don't use them at all when considering a cruise anyway. If you read the recent threads (not reviews) on here, they seem pretty positive to me.

I'm seriously considering doing another solo cruise this fall and if I do, it will be on the Glory.

We have been on the Glory 2 times and it was great both times. As for entertainment, it is the same as what all the ships with 2.0 upgrades have.....we agree it is not nearly as good as the live bands and larger singing/dancing casts used to be....but that is not the fault of the Glory....all 2.0 ships are the same in that respect.

The only negative we found was that we thought the crew was not nearly as friendly as we are used to. And that was the case BOTH times on the Glory, but everything else was equivalent of other CCL ships and we enjoyed both cruises!

Had a great time last year on her too. Remember this is cruise critic and people are very quick to let little things ruin their trips too. I think you'll have a great time.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Had a great time last year on her too. Remember this is cruise critic and people are very quick to let little things ruin their trips too. I think you'll have a great time.

So true. It's pretty much a given you will find these negative types on every cruise regardless of ship or cruise line.

We were on Glory last summer! It was our first cruise and we loved every minute...so much so, we booked another cruise for this summer! I'm hoping we love the Pride as much as Glory! :) We found everyone so friendly and the food was delicious! :) I'm sure you will love it! :) Like everything in life, it's easier to complain than to compliment! :)

Sailed on her for spring break this year.

Pro's--Everson, the cruise director. 2.0 upgrades, room stewards, the security is on their game (won't go into detail but know you are taken care of;)), and the ship seemed to be very clean.

Con's--our room was a scenic OV (the newer rooms straight up front on lido) had a huge crack in two directions across that giant window. Sort of put a damper on our view, but room was clean. Had a filthy commedian (not necesssarily part of this ship). I've heard a lot of commedians in my time and I'm not really a prude but this guy got into beastiality(sp?), weird sex jokes that could get you arrested if found written on a computer somewhere, etc. Our head waiter discriminated against us. We remained opened the first two nights that maybe it was our immagination. Then we observed and asked others if we were immagining things and they agreed.

Overall a good ship.

I sailed on the Glory last October out of Norfolk. She is a great ship! Loved the design and layout. Food and service were superb. Activities were great. Wasn't crazy about the shows. They weren't bad, per se, just corny for my taste.

I've also sailed on the Carnival Pride and HAL Oosterdam and Westerdam. Of those, Glory is my overall favorite.

Just got off the Glory on June 21. Never had any problems and found the ship to be clean and the staff very friendly.

I no longer read CruiseCritic reviews. Sorry, they tend to be very subjective and often not an accurate reflection.

There were somethings i didnt like about the cruise but they were not related to the ship. Did not like the new playlist shows. Loved the new menu. Loved Guys Burgers and Blue Iguana. Dont understand why the mini golf and basketball court close at 5pm.

We sailed Glory for Spring Break 2013. Cuh-raaaaaaaaaaaaazy! But we had a great time.

We just booked a cruise over Labor Day on the Glory again, and I came to ask the same question! Those reviews are tough. I wondered if it had changed that much in 18 months!?!?!

We really liked the comedians and Guys Burgers. We never went to Serenity (we had 17yos with us). We didn't care for the cast shows, but only because the music was not to our taste and not because they were bad. And our dining room staff was AMAZING! So friendly. And they loved the boys who ate nearly one of everything from the menu every night. :eek: (Because why not when you're 17 and on your first cruise???? :D)

Looking forward to going again and taking two of our older children (26 and 24) and our two teens (17 and 14) on their first cruise.

Robin