Question About Being A Past Cruiser

Keith1010

The more cruises you have done the less interested they are in you.

David.

Never a truer word spoken. Once you reach Diamond level that is it, a level so easy to reach now a days, when you see so many cruisers with well over one thousand days with Cunard alone (I am no where near that level) which is a lot of money spent with Cunard. I think there is a need to raise the bar to another level say 500 days to qualify for a new level.

... when you see so many cruisers with well over one thousand days with Cunard alone (I am no where near that level) ... I think there is a need to raise the bar to another level say 500 days to qualify for a new level.
Hi luckymal,

I see you are nowhere near 1,000 days, so I'm going to hazard a guess and say you've about 501 days on board? :) ;) :D

(Actually, joking aside, I agree with you, a higher level is a good idea. Not sure where however, or what I'd call it).

With all best wishes and many happy sailings for the future :)

Hi luckymal,

I see you are nowhere near 1,000 days, so I'm going to hazard a guess and say you've about 501 days on board? :) ;) :D

(Actually, joking aside, I agree with you, a higher level is a good idea. Not sure where however, or what I'd call it).

Something has just come to mind, a Double Diamond works wonders! Or perhaps Tanzanite :)

The more cruises you have done the less interested they are in you.

David.

Never a truer word spoken. Once you reach Diamond level that is it. About time they raised the bar to another level, so easy to reach the Diamond level now a days when so many people have over one thousand days (this does not include me) I think Cunard think you are hooked , and do not need any encouragement to get you back on their ships. Maybe by raising the bar to another level say 500 days with a couple of extra perks would help?:rolleyes:

Edited by luckymal
Already posted

Something has just come to mind, a Double Diamond works wonders! Or perhaps Tanzanite :)
Showing one's age, isn't one? :D :D :D

I like the Tanzanite idea, rarer than Diamond I believe (comes from only one place in the world I think) or am I totally wrong (as usual)?

Edited by pepperrn

Hi luckymal,

Thanks for your support. We have over 650 with Cunard.

Edited by luckymal

Showing one's age, isn't one? :D :D :D

I like the Tanzanite idea, rarer than Diamond I believe (comes from only one place in the world I think) or am I totally wrong (as usual)?

It must be rare because Cunard keep flogging it on their ships with presentations and special offers, I think that there is so little of the reasonably attractive stones around that it may not be available in just over one million years. So a little chip of it on the very attractive and collectable CWC pin would serve to increase its scarcity and thus its value. A win win situation.

It must be rare because Cunard keep flogging it on their ships with presentations and special offers, I think that there is so little of the reasonably attractive stones around that it may not be available in just over one million years. So a little chip of it on the very attractive and collectable CWC pin would serve to increase its scarcity and thus its value. A win win situation.

I need to clean my smartphone now...

Do you find it necessary to be so rude.

Sometimes.

My post was directed to one person and I believe he understood the intended sprit. I understand the purpose of yours, but not its relationship with the topic. Of course, that would be true of 80% of the space on this thread.

I think you're exactly right. I remember them saying that tansanite was becoming very rare....yet in St Thomas, there are hawkers everywhere pushing it. I've got two necklaces that they called tansanite 15 years ago. Paid $8.00 ea., so I'm guessing it's not the same tansanite. :D

When you're on and know you'll be on again shortly, going to a restaurant Maitre d' and specifying a table usually works. :) I think they like passengers who enjoy the ship enough to do that.

When you're on and know you'll be on again shortly, going to a restaurant Maitre d' and specifying a table usually works. :) I think they like passengers who enjoy the ship enough to do that.

I think so too. We've done that a few times and have always been accomodated with lovely window tables, even on latest trips without having made a request. I think the Maitre d's on the QM2 are quite exceptional. I remember telling a Maitre d' on Celebrity, that our travel agent assured us that we would have second seating. The man yelled at me in top volume "I'm the only one who decides where you sit". We did get second seating....but I don't really appreciate being yelled at. I do appreciate the nice welcome entering Britannia. :)