Question about Ft. Lauderdale

We aren't sailing until Jan but my mom and I were talking yesterday about when we arrive at the port in Ft. Lauderdale. We have always sailed from Miami and have dropped off our luggage with a porter and then parked the car and walked across to the terminal.

Our question is will we be able to do this in Ft. Lauderdale or will we park the car and then take our luggage with us on the shuttle bus to the pier? I've read on here that the parking area is a good ways away from where the ship is docked.

FYI, we are sailing on Independence 1/3/15.

Thanks!

I don't believe there is a parking lot within walking distance to terminal 29, which is normally where Indy docks. However, you can drive by the terminal and drop people and bags, drive to the parking lot, and catch the shuttle back.

Edited by clarea

I TOTALLY understand your question - we sailed on the Indy and the Liberty out of Fort Lauderdale. Neither of them have a parking garage close enough to easily walk to.

So, you can drive to the porter area, drop off your luggage( and other pax), and then drive to the nearest parking lot, and they take a shuttle back to the ship.

So, the easiest (by far!), and cheapest thing to do it park your car at park-n-go which is at the entrance to the port, just off the highway. They will take you right to the luggage porters at your proper terminal. Super easy. Then, after the cruise, just jump on one of the plentiful yellow shuttle busses, and they drop you right back at your car, and off you go. I love walking from the parking lot to the terminal, but unless you are on Oasis or Allure, or in Port Canaveral (or other smaller ports), you will not be able to easily do so.

Check out (google) park-n-go in Fort Lauderdale.

Cheaper than the pier-transportation to/from the pier.

Jack

Please do this. If you reserve park and go it is 6.00 per day. They shuttle you right to pier quickly and hand your bags over to porters. No carrying or dragging luggage.