Sunshine Western Caribbean - does ship change time?

robstrash

We are taking the Sunshine on Sep 13 out of Port Canaveral. We want to book our own excursion (we are experienced cruisers so don't need any warnings) but are not sure if the 10am arrival is Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) or Central Daylight Time (CDT). I think that Carnival does not usually change time zones but not 100% sure. Did 20 minutes of searches and looks like the answer might be "it's up to the captain to decide".

So what is the local time in Cozumel if our ship arrives at 10am ship time? I am guessing it's 9am since Cozumel is CDT and Port Canaveral is EDT but want to verify with someone that has been recently.

Thanks!

Rob

Last week we were on the Sunshine western itinerary. We stayed on ship's time in each port. Carnival reminded us many times to stay on ship's time when getting off the ship.

Ship's time = EST. So no, it doesn't change in each port.

Thanks, this is what I looking for. I need to book my private excursion (scuba diving) in advance so needed to know the time now, 2 months before we get on the ship. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, this is what I looking for. I need to book my private excursion (scuba diving) in advance so needed to know the time now, 2 months before we get on the ship. Thanks!

If you go to someplace like Alaska where they change the time 3 times or Hawaii you'll be watching the ship sail with your watch on EST. Can you imagine the confusion of using EST all the time. I guess you believe what you want to believe.