Dreamworks experiance

Can anyone tell me what exactly is the dreamworks experience? We will have a 4 yr old when we cruise on Oasis. I didn't know what all will be available. I thought I read something about a character breakfast. Do you make reservations for that under dining like you would if you were reserving specialty dining?? What other things are available and does everything cost extra? Thanks we've never cruised it a child so this will be an all new experience for us!

Cruises after 9.1.14 charge $10 pp for people over 5 for the character breakfast. You can book it online, but it's hard to find (I had to go around the world and back to find it, and they have changed the site since then. Might be better off calling).

They are on sea days, and you don't know which group of characters you will get.

Kung Fu Panda

Madagascar

Shrek

You stay at your table, and the characters visit you. Very well done with little to no chaos.

The breakfast is pretty much the same as the regular MDR breakfast, with a few additional chocolate items.

Fun for the littles, but I didn't find it worth the $10

(Glad it was still free when we did it)

I should add, some people have mentioned that they have had luck booking on board.

There was also a "stand by" line, but I wouldn't feel right doing that with a 4 year old, get their hopes up and maybe not get in.

Can anyone tell me what exactly is the dreamworks experience? We will have a 4 yr old when we cruise on Oasis. I didn't know what all will be available. I thought I read something about a character breakfast. Do you make reservations for that under dining like you would if you were reserving specialty dining?? What other things are available and does everything cost extra? Thanks we've never cruised it a child so this will be an all new experience for us!

In addition to the breakfast, there are usually 1-2 parades with dreamworks characters, character meets where you can get pictures taken with them, and dreamworks movies (sometimes in 3D if your ship has a 3D theater).

parades and movies do not cost extra; buying prints of the professionally-taken pictures is the usual cost for onboard pictures (i think about $20-$25 for an 8x10), but they are usually amenable to taking pictures for you with your own camera so you can get free pix that way.