One more time...champagne & wine

I know, we've gone over this many times before, but we're leaving Saturday on the O and I want to be sure about this.
Can we openly carry champagne & wine in our carry on bags?
And a stupid questions to go along with that...is 5 year old champagne any good? It's been refrigerated the whole time.
Thanks for your help.
Valerie

I can't help with the first part as I have not yet salied on HAL. However, I did work in the wine business for several years so I do know a bit about wines.I would say the champagne is probably not going to be good. If it is a good non-vintage it may age up to 5 years and a vintage champagne up to 10 years but the fridge is not the best way to age it. It's still to "busy" an environment with light changes and movement.

Sorry.

[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] champagne & wine

Yes, you can bring your own champagne & wine onto the ship in your carry-ons for consumption in your cabin or for a corckage fee in the dining room.

Would not want to drink champagne that has been refrigerated, then let get warm and then refrigerated again. Sitting in the refrigerator for 5 years - too old.

[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

We brought a liquor storage box that contained 6 bottles of wine aboard our cruise that left from Ft Lauderdale in May and they didn't even ask us to open the box to verify that it contained wine. We then purchased bottles of wine in several ports on our cruise and brought them back on board and had no problems. We decided to open most of the wine in our stateroom and drink it while in the cabin or on the verandah because of the uncorking fee of $15 a bottle plus a 15% tip if we had taken it to the dining room. We did purchase a nice Reisling from Australia to drink with our dinner in the Pinnacle and enjoyed it in addition to our own wine celler we brought on board.

Have a Great next cruise.

HAL Noordam 3/97 West Carib
Hal Westerdam 12/97 East Carib
HAL Veendam 11/98 East Carib
Hal Zaandam 12/00 South Carib
HAL Veendam 10/01 Panama Canal
RCCL Enchantment 09/02 W.Carib
Costa Atlantica 12/02 E.Carib
HAL Noordam 03/03 S.Carib
Golden Princess 07/03 Med
Celebrity Zenith 12/03 W.Carib
HAL Maasdam 05/04 Canada