which airline?

sunny seas

Sailing to Caribbean 31st Oct. Just wondering if anyone has info re which airline will be flying us back to Birmingham?

Would like to enquire about the cost of flight upgrades have spoken to customer services with TA but told no info as yet.

Cheers

It's usually Thomas Cook or Thomson charter. Could be on a BA scheduled flight too though.

We go in November and our flights have been showing on our cruise personaliser for a couple of months. Have you checked on there?

Sailing to Caribbean 31st Oct. Just wondering if anyone has info re which airline will be flying us back to Birmingham?

Would like to enquire about the cost of flight upgrades have spoken to customer services with TA but told no info as yet.

Cheers

HELLO sunny seas, we are also on the transatlantic 31st October 2014 Azura.

The cost od an upgrade is Air-Add-On Premium seats £149.50 pp one way from Barbados to UK. Gatwick , so it will be the same to return to Birmingham.

If you have a look at Azura Roll Call A428 Transatlantic -Caribbean you will see that we are posting information on there. Please do come and join us, because you will get a better idea of when seats are being released for reserving. However, if you phone P&O and really your TA should be able to check this for you ,they WILL be able to let you know if there are any premium seats left. Don't wait till it is time to reserve you seats on the plane because you will only have access to economy seating. We only upgraded a few weeks ago to Premium and we booked our cruise in April 2013.

If you upgrade to premium you will still require to pay a further fee for reserving your seat but you only pay that on the day that you are selecting your seats. Please let us know how you get on. Hope to hear from you on

Roll Call Azura A428.

Hello SpikeyM.

Pat

Edited by HELEN HENRY

Thanks all for your replies. Have checked cruise personaliser and found flight info. Its a Thomson flight. Does any one know if this is the Dreamliner aircraft.

Also is it worth the extra money to upgrade to premium either on standard or dreamliner air craft. How much more will it cost to reserve seats in addition.

Lots of questions ???

Sunny seas

Thanks all for your replies. Have checked cruise personaliser and found flight info. Its a Thomson flight. Does any one know if this is the Dreamliner aircraft.

Also is it worth the extra money to upgrade to premium either on standard or dreamliner air craft. How much more will it cost to reserve seats in addition.

Lots of questions ???

Sunny seas

I had upgraded before I was informed that our flight Thomson Barbados -Gatwick will be a Dreamliner. If I had known that (perhaps not)

Seating configueration on Dreamliner Premium is 2x3x2, economy 3x3x3 however, nothing confirmed as yet. Is it really worth the extra money ? it had better be if it is on the Dreamliner.

Other aircraft that P&O use is normally

economy 2x3x2 Premium 2x3x2. Cost for booking seats, I think in Nov 2013 we paid £12.50pp one way. In March this year it was £25pp return. Neither on the Dreamliner, so I don't know if they will charge any extra. I don't think so.

Still looking for you on Roll Call AZURA Caribbean Transatlantic A 428/A428A 31st October 2014

Come on come on over don't be shy:D

Pat

Edited by HELEN HENRY
Error

I think there is an assumption with passengers that the Dreamliner, partly due to Boeing and the airlines marketing, is a magical experience in economy. It isnt. Yes its new, yes the windows are bigger so you get more natural light and the cabin altitude is set lower which helps but it is still going to be a cramped, uncomfortable experience on a long haul flight.

If you would choose to fly premium economy on an older aircraft then you would probably want to book premium on the Dreamliner.

Spoke to TA re flights it costs £179.50 per person to upgrade to premium plus an additional £15 to select seats. Don't know if its Dreamliner.

They said only 13 premium seats left. Not sure what to do, hubby thinks no too much money but ooooo I fancy more room. Decisions decisions.

Sunnyseas

Spoke to TA re flights it costs £179.50 per person to upgrade to premium plus an additional £15 to select seats. Don't know if its Dreamliner.

They said only 13 premium seats left. Not sure what to do, hubby thinks no too much money but ooooo I fancy more room. Decisions decisions.

Sunnyseas

What about exit row seats, so extra legroom without the full cost of premium as a half way house?

We went premium economy on a dreamliner last year from lgw and we thought it was well worth it for such a long flight, plus you get free drinks and proper knives forks and glasses if you're into that:-) we do it for the extra comfort and legroom but the little luxuries are nice too:-)

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Forums mobile app

It's down to personal choice. We always upgrade flights. If we can't upgrade flights, we don't book the cruise. For us, it's as simple as that.

Same for us. They couldn't believe it first time we said " No premium seats, no booking ". We even drove to Birmingham to get the right seats. We have made lots of trips across the pond. First time we flew economy was the last. My reckonning is £300/20 hours = £15 per hour. We can convince ourselves that £15 is reasonable and if we don't spend it, the kids will .

:)

Same for us. They couldn't believe it first time we said " No premium seats, no booking ". We even drove to Birmingham to get the right seats. We have made lots of trips across the pond. First time we flew economy was the last. My reckonning is £300/20 hours = £15 per hour. We can convince ourselves that £15 is reasonable and if we don't spend it, the kids will .

:)

We always fly business on a scheduled airline on long haul, we don't do charter, having said that if there was a cruise that we really wanted to do and the only flight option was economy or charter we would grin and bear the 8 hours for the sake of getting the cruise we wanted - I would think it a shame to miss out on the cruise you wanted to book just because of the flights.

Well have booked upgrade on flight home. No info re which aircraft yet. Still have to select seats when they are avaiable.

Have posted on roll call for this cruise but its not showing yet??

Sunny seas

Good news, your postings are showing now on roll call:D