Double Tree Downtown Boston

Puffs

I am traveling with a group total of 8 of us. We will be flying into Boston the afternoon before our cruise and staying at the Double Tree. I am wondering if we take taxis from the airport to hotel will 2 taxis be enough? How much is a taxi to that area it is close to Chinatown.

Also if anyone can tell me if the beginning of the Freedom Trail is within walking distance from the hotel? What about the Boston Commons is it close enough to walk and safe for a group of ladies on a Saturday afternoon?

One more question, we are boarding the ship on Sunday, wondering if there would be a Church close to the hotel that we could attend services at before going to the ship. Any Christian denomination would work.

Thanks in advance.:)

Looks like you are not far from Boston Common. This is definitely a safe neighborhood to walk around on a Saturday afternoon! If you walk down Tremont St. you might pick up the Freedom Trail... but ask your concierge for a downtown map if you don't pick one up at the airport on your way in. It is equally close to Chinatown. Really, Boston proper is not a large town.

I wish I could answer your question about churches but the only one I know of in the Boston Common area is the Freemasons, which probably isn't what you're looking for. If you have some time, you could go to Copley Square and visit Trinity Church but that's not really on your way to anything. I'm sure the concierge or info in your room can direct you to a church nearby.

It's a good area, and an easy walk to the Boston Common. Please don't go out the front door and start walking towards your right, though (South). There's nothing for tourists there and it gets industrial quickly. You'll quickly see an aptly named street -- Marginal Way -- if you see that, turn around and go the other way!