Splendor help

cathyoo

Leaving next Monday... hip, hip, hooray

Some last minute questions:

Someone posted about an app for Splendor. I would like to get more information on that.

Lots of post about the Rotissere above the Lido deck. My mom will be on a scooter. Is there an elevator to that level?

thanks in advance.

One other question. Can all rooms sleep three. We have three grandsons that want to be together and one 25 year old grandson who does not want anyone in his room. Can I just switch the grandson that is with the 25 year old to the room where the other two grandsons are located?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by cathyoo

Don't know about the app, but I know there is an elevator right outside the rotisserie area on deck 10 aft. It's way less crowded up there too. As far as the rooms sleeping three, not sure. I know you can't outright book some cabins to sleep three, but they might technically be able to. We have two cabins on our upcoming cruise and they are booked as my husband and 4 yr old in the balcony room and mother in law and me in the interior right across. I'm going to sleep in the balcony cabin and have the couch made up into a bed for our son when he wants to sleep there. Otherwise he will sleep in one of the twin beds in grandma's cabin. I know some balcony cabins can't be booked for 3 even though it's possible to accommodate 3. It would probably depend on if the cabin has a couch to serve as a bed in addition to the two twin beds for your grandsons.

Have a great time on the Splendor!

We will be joining you as well, it was a long wait! Not sure if there is an app just for the Splendor, but I use ship mate (Free) and Deck Director this one you pay 99 cents for specific ships and it helps to navigate.

one adult in each cabin has to be booked. not all cabins sleep 3. some are only 2 and some are 4. if you look at the layout of the ship on the diagram, and look for your room numbers you will be able to see what sleeps in what room.

Hi! We just got home from sailing on the Splendor. Yes there's an elevator to reach where the rotisserie is. I'm unaware of any App for the ship. I did look for one before we left but never found anything of that sort.

We traveled with my mother in law on this cruise. She roomed in a 2 person cabin with my oldest child. My husband, my youngest and I had a 3 person cabin next door. Our room steward was first to ask if we wanted our youngest to room with Grandma for a couple evenings during the cruise. He just made up the couch as a bed for him.

We had a great time on the ship. The service was fantastic all around. Have a wonderful time!

Edited by Tink35

One other question. Can all rooms sleep three. We have three grandsons that want to be together and one 25 year old grandson who does not want anyone in his room. Can I just switch the grandson that is with the 25 year old to the room where the other two grandsons are located?

Thanks in advance for your help.

No, not all rooms can sleep 3. If you don't have 3 booked in the room, even if it sleeps 3, the steward may not be able to/allowed to make up the room for 3.

Don't know anything about an app.

Yes, there is an elevator (there are a number of elevators all over the ship - not all of them go to every floor but don't worry you WILL find what you're looking for)

No, not ALL cabins sleep 3 but you can look at a deck plan to see which ones officially accommodate 2, 3, or 4 people. Having said this.....of course everyone must have an official cabin/berth......but there are no bed checks. If there is a couch or you want to make the beds into a king/queen and everyone wants to sleep together, or someone wants to sleep on the couch even if it isn't an "official" bed....(you may not be able to get a complete set of bedding) but no one is going to come around at night to see who is sleeping with whom or where LOL. (I would only personally worry that 3 little boys would have a little too much wild fun if left alone....hopefully someone has the cabin next door and can "supervise/oversee - a good time) - having said that.....keep them busy during the day and most of my little ones were exhausted by the time it was bedtime and fell right to sleep!

Don't know anything about an app.

Yes, there is an elevator (there are a number of elevators all over the ship - not all of them go to every floor but don't worry you WILL find what you're looking for)

No, not ALL cabins sleep 3 but you can look at a deck plan to see which ones officially accommodate 2, 3, or 4 people. Having said this.....of course everyone must have an official cabin/berth......but there are no bed checks. If there is a couch or you want to make the beds into a king/queen and everyone wants to sleep together, or someone wants to sleep on the couch even if it isn't an "official" bed....(you may not be able to get a complete set of bedding) but no one is going to come around at night to see who is sleeping with whom or where LOL. (I would only personally worry that 3 little boys would have a little too much wild fun if left alone....hopefully someone has the cabin next door and can "supervise/oversee - a good time) - having said that.....keep them busy during the day and most of my little ones were exhausted by the time it was bedtime and fell right to sleep!

It would be 2 15 year olds and a 17 year old with a dad and an uncle in the cabin next to them.

Yes there is an elevator and no, all cabins don't sleep 3.

However, yes your grandsons can all sleep in the same cabin but there is a chance one of them will be snoozing on the couch or floor. Be sure to go to guest services to get an extra key for the one that will be couching it.

I think this is what you might be looking for and Splendor has it:

"FunHub" and it is an intranet accessible only while you are onboard the ship. You need to be connected to the ship's WiFi or "internet" and scroll to the "Free Sites" tab - and select from within.

Latest annoucements from the ship/CD, generic weather forecast for your cruise, and daily FunTimes (in PDF format) are posted there, sometimes ahead of evening "release" via your stateroom steward, and any special & important updates. Deckplans for the ship are also linked - look for a "Good to Know" infosheet in your stateroom or ask for one.

Your can read and/or save it to your tablet/iPad's, smartphone and/or netbook/notebook/Macbook, etc. while sailing and it's free, no extra charges or costs to read - just make sure your mobile data (GPRS-2G/3G/4G-LTE or HSPA+) is turned off and only enabled your WiFi connection.

That's how I downloaded them all & linked/post them via our cloud storage/server as part of the review (see signature) without the hassle of scannning the paper copies afterward.

Connect to the ship's wi-fi and connect to the funhub free site and that has a link to a PDF of the fun times. From what I could tell, that site appeared to be locally hosted on the ship--I could access it but not the other free sites when internet was slow and could not access the site once I was off the ship (even with the link still in my browser)

The FunHub is hosted locally on each ship's server as part of intranet, AFAIK - and not for external access via the internet. I used my Nexus 7 tablet to read it while at sea and as long as the ship's internet is working (99.997% of the time, that is) - you will have free & unlimited access to it while sailing and/or in foreign ports ... was doing so while docked @ St. Thomas & @ Grand Turk. WiFi only tablet should work everywhere as long as the signal is present, regardless of the ports you are in.

BTW, I noted this earlier somewhere - you can also reach CCL's website free while sailing, and check your own VIFP account - to check on future cruise pricing - the booking page/link, if you want to do a mock reservation was not working for me and crashed (and, I believed it was due to various firewall & https loops or settings) but still very useful.

Connection for the free WiFi hubs was pretty fast since it's intranet based.

you do not have to be signed up for Internet service to access the FunHub and to download and view the FunTimes in .pdf format.

All you have to do is set your device (tablet, computer, phone, etc.) to connect to the Carnival wi-fi network and then to point your browser to funhub.cclfunhub.com

If you did sign up for an Internet package... be sure NOT to sign in when you connect to the FunHub. Once you sign in, the meter is running, and you are using up the minutes in your Internet package. It is not necessary to sign in to access the FunHub in order to download the FunTimes. It is possible to sign in, but to do so would be a waste of paid Internet minutes.

Kenny,

Thanks for the info on the funhub. Since I will probably forget about this before I get on the next cruise in a couple of months, is there something on board that points you to this website?

Steve

Kenny,

Thanks for the info on the funhub. Since I will probably forget about this before I get on the next cruise in a couple of months, is there something on board that points you to this website?

Steve

Yes Steve, it is on one the information channels on the cabin TV.

I never did get to the rotisserie during out cruise on the Splendor last week but I did have someone ask me where it was. Another person near me said they never heard of it and I pointed them to the aft of the ship. (we were already on deck 9 or 10).

The Rotisserie is back behind everything in the aft, just above the deli, another eating I perferred over the buffet- hardly anyone knows it is back there.

Just be sure she takes an aft elevator up to deck 10 for the rotisserie. If she takes the atrium elevators to deck 10, there are a few obstacles, such as a large lip in the door to outside as well as a tight turn and 4 steps up and over to deck 10 deck by the tables and hot tubs.. I don't think it's passable in a wheelchair or scooter.