Which Airport do I use to depart from Galveston?

ts548

I have been searching for some information about airports & timing to the ship in Galveston. January 2nd...Rhapsody....Where do I fly to? And how much time & money to get to the ship from the airport? Help???!!! I am confused!

I'm not very familiar with transportation from the airports to Galveston but I can give you some airport information. Intercontinental airport is north of Houston and is quite a drive to Galveston from there... maybe 1 to 1 1/2 hours or more depending on traffic. It's a very large airport and most airlines fly into it. Houston Hobby is the closed airport to Galveston... probably about 30-40 minutes away. However, it is a smaller airport. Hot sure which airlines fly there from your area.

I know Southwest Airlines fly into Houston Hobby. Yes it is the closest to the port. Most people rent a car or a limo to get from the airport to the pier. If you can find someone else on the same cruise as you are, check with them about ride sharing.

If you do some searching on the various flight travel sites you can put in HOU or IAH and check the box that says "check nearby airports" and it will show you flights for both.

IAH is north of the city. If you're cruising over a weekend, traffic shouldn't be too horrible. HOU is closest to Galveston and Southwest flies out of there only (not IAH)

We have a cruise booked for sept 25th and we are flying into iah, (much cheaper fares on continental than on southwest). We will be taking a limo to gaveston from the airport:) , there will be 7 of us 4 adults and 3 kids under 10. We looked at renting a car, but only hertz and enterprise will do one-way rentals:( , and the price wasn't that big of a differance when you factered in 2 cars.(we thought about a van but both companies only do mini vans which will accomodate 7 people but i'm not sure where the luggage would go:confused: ), so we opted for the limo. Plus the kids will get real kick out of that!!:D The limo cost was $150 each way but split between 2 families, the cars would have been about $140 round trip per family, so it came out about $10 more per family.:eek:

Archived