Best Method of Payments on RCI?

We are cruising on Royal Carribean early next year.

What is the best method of paying for drinks packages and on board purchases?

Aussie $$, US $$ or credit card?

Any issues with conversions or credit card fees?

Pay in US dollars and let your bank do the conversion rather than the cruise line.

I have an account with CitiBank which has no fees and I register the debit card to my on board account. Others on CC have a 28 degrees MasterCard if you want a credit card without foreign currency fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Registering your credit card when you check in is the easiest way to pay for your all your onboard charges and as Sparky 74 said let your bank do the conversion (tick B on your set sail docs) you might just check with your bank first though and ask them what their currency conversion fee is, and as long as it is less than three percent ( RCL charge three percent) go with the bank. You could have some cash converted to US dollars before you sail and still register your card but pay the account on board with the US dollars but it's probably not worth the hassle especially if you purchase a drinks package so that probably your biggest expense is covered.

Get a 28 Degree mastercard. If not pay account with credit card and let your bank convert.

With the drinks packages buy onboard in US dollars on your shipboard account not in AU Dollars online before the cruise:)