Any good perks for booking a Penthouse Suite on Centry

angelwingsflys

Hi Everyone ,

I am considering to booking a Penthouse on the Celebrity Century.

A butler ? what does a butler actually do .

What sort of requests can you ask of him?

What are the perks that I can get ?

I was reading somewhere that suites get a free bar setup is this true ?,or do i need to pre- order a drinks package .

Is there anything else, that is known either an advantage or disadvantage?

I am travelling with all my children and grandchildren.- one of the grandchildren has a disability so he may be easily upset on his first cruise .

As the ship is nearly booked out so the choices are slim ,someone cancelled the penthouse suite whilst on I was on the phone to Celebrity Cruises. Suite is on a hold . there are only inside cabins and less ideal cabins left.

They have offered it at a great discount for 1 person, in the suite ,it is so tempting,but will it be worth it ?

the rest of the family have already booked their own cabins . If I do book it wouldn't tell them till they met me in the afternoon at my cabin

but thought we may have a few parties in the penthouse . I know I can have my own dinner in my suite ,but would they serve your guests as well.

Cheers Deb

I can't say about the Century specifically, but have sailed in a penthouse on the Millennium before. I think it is a great choice for you. It did come with a bottle of scotch and a bottle of vodka and some basic mixers as bar service in the suite. The butler can take care of so much for you. Ours had coffee waiting for us in the butler's kitchen every morning when we woke up. In the afternoon, cappuccino and canapes were delivered to the suite. We took advantage of the course by course service in the suite dining room as well. One evening my husband requested some shrimp cocktail to be sent up after the show and when we looked in the refrigerator we had a whole platter of shrimp to share with our friends. It's a great experience I highly recommend!

We had the penthouse on Century. It is not as large as Penthouse on M Class ships, but a very nice cabin. Yes, there is a butler, he will deliver meal to your room, set the table, and if dinner, bring in each course one at a time. There is a full bar set up, with two, if I remember correctly, of liquors included. You are free to have a party in the room, the butler will take care of you. It is a great way to travel, enjoy it. The only problem....... It is hard to go back to smaller cabins once you have enjoyed a Penthouse

We had the penthouse on Century. It is not as large as Penthouse on M Class ships, but a very nice cabin. Yes, there is a butler, he will deliver meal to your room, set the table, and if dinner, bring in each course one at a time. There is a full bar set up, with two, if I remember correctly, of liquors included. You are free to have a party in the room, the butler will take care of you. It is a great way to travel, enjoy it. The only problem....... It is hard to go back to smaller cabins once you have enjoyed a Penthouse

Thank you for your reply . as I have never sailed in anything higher than a mini suite ,on the Pacific Dawn (PO ship).I have a feeling the penthouse will be somewhat bigger than anything that I ever seen or been in on cruise ship.

So just having a penthouse sounds like a wonderful opportunity and incredible to me.

Cheers Deb

I can't say about the Century specifically, but have sailed in a penthouse on the Millennium before. I think it is a great choice for you. It did come with a bottle of scotch and a bottle of vodka and some basic mixers as bar service in the suite. The butler can take care of so much for you. Ours had coffee waiting for us in the butler's kitchen every morning when we woke up. In the afternoon, cappuccino and canapes were delivered to the suite. We took advantage of the course by course service in the suite dining room as well. One evening my husband requested some shrimp cocktail to be sent up after the show and when we looked in the refrigerator we had a whole platter of shrimp to share with our friends. It's a great experience I highly recommend!

Thank you for your reply ,just having the whole platter of shrimp sound incredible .I am swaying towards booking it .

Cheers Deb

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all the advice, I have my children and their families going on this cruise, it will be their first cruise, so hopefully I can share my passion for cruising, this will my 18th cruise I have decided to keep it a surprise about booking a penthouse for the time being, my daughter says that I always spill the beans on secrets,, so am going to certainly going to surprise her when we board, they had already booked before me, I have only told them I have booked a balcony cabin.Not really a lie.it has balcony! I am booked into the PH as a solo ,but am sure I will have visits from the grand children and my daughter and son and the spouses ,when they discover which cabin I am in.

I intend to have a fantastic cruise, never had a bad one yet.

Just that it will be a very special one this time.!

Thank you.for helping me to decide to book the PH.

Cheers

Deb.