Children's Menus on Dream

txtwinmom

Does anyone know where I can get a look at the children's menus for the Dream? DCL's search for menus only pops up the adult ones. My special needs adult son only eats certain things and I just need to know if I am going to be able to order those things from the children's menus each evening or plan on eating somewhere other than dining room.

Thanks!

Does anyone know where I can get a look at the children's menus for the Dream? DCL's search for menus only pops up the adult ones. My special needs adult son only eats certain things and I just need to know if I am going to be able to order those things from the children's menus each evening or plan on eating somewhere other than dining room.

Thanks!

These have them in readable text

http://allears.net/cruise/ships/dream/dining/menus/dreammenus.htm

An example.

Animator's Palate

Disney Dream

Deck 3 Aft

Kids' Dinner

Menu Date: September 2011

TO START

Chicken Noodle Soup

Pineapple and Melon Fruit Cup

Animators' Garden Salad with your favorite choice of dressing

THE MAIN EVENT

Mickey's Mac 'n' Cheese

Minnie's Mini Burger

Pizza - pepperoni and mozzarella

Golden Chicken Strips with Barbecue Sauce

Chef's Entree Selection of the Day

Mickey Pasta in a Creamy Cheese Sauce

Filet Steak Medallions on a rich Tomato Sauce

Baked Fresh Cod Filet

All main course served with fresh vegetables, smashed potatoes or steak fries

A SWEET FINISH

Rich Chocolate Fudge Cake with Chocolate Sauces

Apple Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream

Mickey Ice Cream Bar

Selection of Assorted Ice Cream

RETURN TO DREAM MENUS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

Also note that as long as your requests are reasonable, with some notice, the staff will be happy to make accommodations, since your servers follow you, they can work with you on the next nights menu.

You said a few key words--"special needs." And I'm with the above--as long as the requests are reasonable, they will be met every night.

Last summer we sat with a friend and her special needs adult daughter. The young lady ate only pizza every night. My friend made the server aware, and each night her daughter received a cheese pizza when the rest of us got our appetizers. The server always asked her if she wanted anything else...she would giggle and say no.

I love using the Disney Cruise Blog (it's unofficial but they have loads of information).

The menus are located here:

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/menus/

And they have both the adult and kids menus listed.

I also recommend talking to your servers for special requests. My dad doesn't do "gelatin" desserts (even many of the "cakes" on DCL are gelatin based or partly gelatin based) so he requests vanilla ice cream, sliced strawberries and whipped cream for dessert and he's been able to secure it on every cruise we've been on. He's also been able to get a bowl of the kids mac n cheese (he orders it sometimes instead of an appetizer).

Thank you so much for your reply. That's about the boat we're in, pun intended. Pizza will work fine for him as will fajitas and hamburgers. I just needed to make sure that was available. Couldn't imagine it would not be on Disney, but I do have to make sure of a lot of things before we travel. When we were on Carnival, our waiters were wonderful for him. At dessert time the first night, they ask if he wanted something and he said red grapes and every night they brought him a bowl of red grapes when everyone else got warm melting chocolate cake. He's broaden his tastes a little since he has moved to the group home, but I still have to make sure he's not going to go hungry because of something they are serving that night.

Thank you so much for your reply. That's about the boat we're in, pun intended. Pizza will work fine for him as will fajitas and hamburgers. I just needed to make sure that was available. Couldn't imagine it would not be on Disney, but I do have to make sure of a lot of things before we travel. When we were on Carnival, our waiters were wonderful for him. At dessert time the first night, they ask if he wanted something and he said red grapes and every night they brought him a bowl of red grapes when everyone else got warm melting chocolate cake. He's broaden his tastes a little since he has moved to the group home, but I still have to make sure he's not going to go hungry because of something they are serving that night.

They will really TRY to meet his desires if you just let them know what those desires are. And if they see he is not eating, they'll double their efforts to find something to suit him.

Many years ago, my daughter said something about broccoli being her favorite vegetable. Each night, a bowl of steamed broccoli appeared...even when it wasn't on the menu.

Just tell them what you need.

Even if he doesn't find the food in the dining room to his liking (maybe one night things are off and they put say - pineapple on his pizza), it's no reason for him to go hungry. The food on deck is available as is room service. And it's all included. It's easy enough to make a stop after dinner to satisfy.

Even if he doesn't find the food in the dining room to his liking (maybe one night things are off and they put say - pineapple on his pizza), it's no reason for him to go hungry. The food on deck is available as is room service. And it's all included. It's easy enough to make a stop after dinner to satisfy.

There is no need for this. If it is available anywhere on the ship, the dining room crew will get it for him to eat while you are having your dinner. Yes, these are options for other times. If it is not available anywhere, they will prepare it for him...again, within reason.

If they make the pizza wrong in MDR, they will either re-do it or send to Pinocchio's for a replacement.

There is no need for this. If it is available anywhere on the ship' date=' the dining room crew will get it for him to eat while you are having your dinner.[/b'] Yes, these are options for other times. If it is not available anywhere, they will prepare it for him...again, within reason.

If they make the pizza wrong in MDR, they will either re-do it or send to Pinocchio's for a replacement.

I think that really depends on your dining team. I've had some lackluster dining teams that wouldn't even bring me what was on the menu, let alone something "special" or something from another location.

What I was pointing out, was that the MDR isn't the end all/be all of the evening. If you don't get what you want there, be prepared with knowing the alternatives.

I think that really depends on your dining team. I've had some lackluster dining teams that wouldn't even bring me what was on the menu, let alone something "special" or something from another location.

What I was pointing out, was that the MDR isn't the end all/be all of the evening. If you don't get what you want there, be prepared with knowing the alternatives.

Fair enough....we generally have great teams who will go the extra mile for us. On the other hand, we have cruised enough that we know who to request. In fact, we typically check with "our" people about whether or not they will be on the ship when our next cruise is planned.

But we've had the occasional less than stellar server too. Last summer we did a B2B where we "un-requested" our server from the first leg (as in give us ANYONE else....")

I have a special needs son and we've cruised on the Dream the last 3 years. The crew has always bent over backwards to ensure my son had whatever he needed to eat.

One bit of advice, if your son needs a certain food on Castaway Cay, just ask your server or the head waiter to arrange it for you.