More questions 1st time ncl & poa!

Lorey2007

We Just booked a B1 aft facing balcony stateroom on deck 8. Hope someone here can help me with MORE questions.

Are there lounge chairs on the extended balcony?

Does the shower have a door or a curtain?

What is the difference in Skyline dining room and Liberty dining room?

Do they seat you with others or can you request a table for two?

If they seat you with others do they wait for the table to fill before the orders are taken?

Do they have sweet n low in the buffet or dining rooms?

What can you tell me about “latitudes”

I’ll have some more questions later..thanks.

I've not sailed POA before, but I can answer some of your questions.

Skyline vs Liberty- probably no difference other than the decor; both will serve the same menu each night

You can request to be seated with others or you can request a table for 2. If you request to sit with others I would assume that you'll have to wait until the table is full before ordering (except maybe drinks). On my previous cruise, we only ever had a table for 2.

I don't remember about sweet n low, but I can't imagine it being an issue.

Latitudes is NCL's frequent cruiser program. You are automatically entered after you complete your first cruise. The more often you cruise, the better your onboard perks are.

I've not sailed POA before, but I can answer some of your questions.

Skyline vs Liberty- probably no difference other than the decor; both will serve the same menu each night

You can request to be seated with others or you can request a table for 2. If you request to sit with others I would assume that you'll have to wait until the table is full before ordering (except maybe drinks). On my previous cruise, we only ever had a table for 2.

I don't remember about sweet n low, but I can't imagine it being an issue.

Latitudes is NCL's frequent cruiser program. You are automatically entered after you complete your first cruise. The more often you cruise, the better your onboard perks are.

Thank you...here's a couple more:

If I want to eat at only 1 specialty restaurant do I make a reservation once I am on board?

Where is "Movies at the cinema"

Specialty restaurants- I believe that you can book online when you hit the 60 day mark (someone else can verify that), but you book online you need to pay up front. Depending on what time of cabin you have, you can book 48 hours in advance.

Movies at the cinema- I have no experience in this area, but to be honest, if I'm going to spend that kind of $$ to see Hawaii, I'm not going to want to since in front of a movie screen watching something when I could be out exploring the island.

We Just booked a B1 aft facing balcony stateroom on deck 8. Hope someone here can help me with MORE questions.

Are there lounge chairs on the extended balcony?

Does the shower have a door or a curtain?

What is the difference in Skyline dining room and Liberty dining room?

Do they seat you with others or can you request a table for two?

If they seat you with others do they wait for the table to fill before the orders are taken?

Do they have sweet n low in the buffet or dining rooms?

What can you tell me about “latitudes”

I’ll have some more questions later..thanks.

We were in a B1 aft facing balcony in Dec. on POA. There were no lounge chairs on our balcony. There were two chairs and a tiny table. The shower had a curtain.

The LIbery dining room was a ""designated" venue for traditonal cruisers who like to dress up, and include the followig dress code: Women: slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops: Men: slacks or jeans with a collared shirt and closed toed shoes. Kids under 12 are welome with nice shorts to any of our dining rooms."

After looking at some pictures I am going to modify what I said about the balcony furniture. There was one chair and then another chair that had a reclining back (you could adjust it). But not the full lounge chair like you would find at the pool. Also a small table.

After looking at some pictures I am going to modify what I said about the balcony furniture. There was one chair and then another chair that had a reclining back (you could adjust it). But not the full lounge chair like you would find at the pool. Also a small table.

Thank you so much for your reply. I found photo's of 8704 on cruise ship deck plans dot com that had 2 lounger's, we will be in 8708. If we don't get at least one lounge chair I will ask for one. I had a link posted but it won't work.

Are there any soft serve ice cream or yogurt machines available?

Are there any soft serve ice cream or yogurt machines available?

There is no frozen yogurt, but there is a soft serve ice cream machine. On the POA it is near the pool not inside the buffet like it is on the other NCL ships.